Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
auto lamps Forums > > auto lamps auto lamps
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Introductions New to the site? Post a little something about yourself.

Old 08-08-2018, 04:21 PM
2017 Frontier Crew Cab

Smile auto lamps

hi just got me a 2018 frontier love it but can someone tell me can I install auto headlamps maybe by just replacing headlight switch I no you can do fog lamps that way so was thinking maybe headlamps same way ?? sorry they don't have a 2018 when I registered so had to put 2017

Last edited by [email protected]; 08-08-2018 at 04:24 PM.
Old 09-04-2018, 05:25 PM
2017 Frontier King Cab
2018 Frontier SV4X4

Default Adding Automatic Headlight /Foglight /Turn Combo switch

I would also like to ask if anyone has ADDED Automatic Headlights to their Frontier.

I have a 2018 Frontier SV4X4 King Cab and I want to ADD the Headlight /Foglight /turn combo switch. I've seen several "combo" switches with the "AUTO" headlight option with the FOG LIGHT option on Ebay for ~$40.

I'm sure that the FOG LIGHTS only need the correct Headlight /Foglight /turn combo switch and the physical fog lights. I've sofar been unable to find the "Plain Jane" Headlight /Foglight /turn combo switch WITHOUT the "AUTO" function unless I buy the factory OEM for $275 +tax. Too much money after I'd already replaced the plastic bumper with a "Hefty Fabworks" aluminum bumper. I can use any aftermarket fog lights, the plastic Nissan OEM lights are nothing to rave about.

After reading the technical manual for a 2018 Frontier, I see that the only "additional" components for the "AUTO" headlight function is a sunlight sensor and the AUTOHeadlight /Foglight /turn combo switch.

Here's my question:
Can anyone tell me if I ADD the AUTOHeadlight /Foglight /turn combo switch, and add the sunlight sensor to the harness, does the BCM need to be reprogrammed? The dealer wants me to pay $875 plus $185 "programming" fee, but all I see that needs to be physically done is adding the Headlight /Foglight /turn combo switch and adding the sunlight sensor.

Any help here?

Last edited by William Bello; 09-04-2018 at 05:26 PM. Reason: add pictures

Tags
auto, lamps