Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
3rd Nissan! I'm back! Forums > > 3rd Nissan! I'm back! 3rd Nissan! I'm back!
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Introductions New to the site? Post a little something about yourself.

Old 10-29-2017, 04:33 AM
2011 Frontier Crew Cab
2011 Frontier SV Crew Cab

Default 3rd Nissan! I'm back!

I'm so done with GM and other junk. Went to buy a truck a few years ago, just had 3 grand to find something. Looking on Craigsripofflist and not having much luck to find another little Nissan truck like my last one. (Nissan Hardbody lasted 300,000 miles! Till the kids ran it out of oil.).

My son in law is the manic mechanic Ford Shop Foreman, ace minitruck bagger, awesome builder. He said get an S-10. Easy to work on, cheap, etc. Well that was a friggin nightmare as I spent the summer redoing the engine, tranny, on my back battling getting it in and out and in and out, etc. Getting too old for that moonshine anymore. Anyone want a nearly cherry 96 S-10 with a bad engine?

SO I do some changes and come up with a 2011 Frontier SV Crew Cab with 50,000 miles, I spotted at an Acura Dealer. Was looking for a 2015-16 used rental truck and boom that one came out of nowhere. It's cherry, except for a few scratches which is to be expected. Clean Carfax and all. Since I saved about 7-8 G's over what I was looking for, boss lady had no problem with me spending a load on a Kenwood system with Nav and Backup Cam. It will be good to travel in to bug the kids and spoil the grandkids.

Since I only live 12 miles from work this ought to last me a long time. And only one kid left who drives Mom's car (stay out of my truck!!!!!!). I need a truck as I do some woodworking (at least I did until I wrecked my shop working on the DagBlasted S-10. Trying to clean up the oil and crap so I can get back to creating some more awesome guitars!

So anyway, this is my 3rd Nissan. The first one was a '85 ish Nissan hardbody. Plain jane that ran like a bat out of hell. Took me to work, 65 miles away, for years without a hitch. Kids finally killed it for me. Don't ya love em!

Second was a 2001 Altima. Another great car. Did have a problem with the intake manifold gasket, which I fixed myself right in the driveway. Not going to pay the dealer $700 to do that. I killed that one in a violent thunderstorm where a poophead rearended another car and didn't turn on lights or flashers to warn others that the road was blocked! Had 200,000 miles on that and it still ran great.

Found this forum as I had a problem with my air bag light flashing. This was due to installing the new stereo. A thread fixed me right up, cool beans! I'll be seeing ya'll around as I surf the forum. Don't expect any problems as that's why you buy a Nissan, right?
Old 10-29-2017, 09:30 AM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Well, IMO, Nissan doesn't make as good as vehicles today as they did back in the '90's and earlier, but the 2011 is a good year as Nissan finally got the major "bugs" worked out of the vehicle by then. Welcome to the forums!

Tags
3rd, back, nissan