Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Hi-New Sentra Owner Toronto Forums > > Hi-New Sentra Owner Toronto Hi-New Sentra Owner Toronto
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Introductions New to the site? Post a little something about yourself.

Old 06-19-2010, 06:31 AM
PCUSER

Smile Hi-New Sentra Owner Toronto

Hi ya boys and girls.
I just recently sold our 2008 Jeep Patriot 2.4L CVT we bought new, and made a decision to downgrade to a smaller vehicle (as we only had passengers in the back of the Jeep on 2 occasions), and save cash on gas as well. We also have a 2009 mazda 3 GT.
We decided on the 2.0S because it had all the neccesary things we need and find convieniant (sic), powers locks, keyless, etc.
Any higher packages had other things we really could get away without, moon roof, radio controls on the steering wheel etc.
Pick-up is on Monday. The vehicle arrived yesterday on a train from the city of manufacture. BTW, can you advise me where these are made?
I don't know what it was this time around, but I'm not excited in the least about getting this vehicle. Negotiations with the dealership for the end price was excrutiating (I got my way after they played the infamous good cop-bad cop thing with the sales manager), and then the second sales rep that they fired me off to, to try to talk you into buying rust protection and umpteen other things that are way over priced, was just as bad. This guy was unbelievable, he actually said to me that paint protection is really advisable as the black paint I chose is suceptable to marking if bird poop or tree sap sits on it too long. My response was, well then why does Nissan have red and black as the default paint colours, and any other you want costs you 135 bucks? In addition, I already struck a deal with the sales rep to have 3m hood protection applied, so I never would have got my moneys worth. Besides I like utilizing car wax anyway.
I did alright on the price based on quotes from 4 other dealerships.
Anyway, we rented a Sentra 2.0 for a week before deciding on this vehicle because I found that the CVT transmission really works for this vehicle..much better than the Jeep, nice and peppy, 10 yr 200K warranty, seats were comfortable, and visibility is great. Drive train, 5year, 100K and I bought an additional extended warranty for the bumper to bumper that kicks it up to the 5yr 100K as well.
Anyway, I hope I can gain more knowledge from you folk.
1st thing on my agenda in here is to browse the TSB's and make sure Im getting all the necessary repairs it is entitled to so i don't have to 'live with it' should something surface.
Anyway cheers...NO DRINKING AND DRIVING MIND YOU,and I'll touch base on Monday after pick-up.
Martin.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:35 PM
PCUSER

Thanks for the warm welcome folks...Im all choked up.
16 views and not one response.
Is this a reflection of how things work in here?
Old 06-20-2010, 06:32 PM
2010 Rogue

This is a good site for technical info etc.. If you want to chat and talk about models and accessories check out Nissanclub.com. Most sentra's are made in Mexico for North American market.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:36 PM
PCUSER

Thanks very much for the info and the lead Lowes11
Old 06-20-2010, 06:44 PM
2010 Rogue

You are welcome.
Old 07-12-2010, 02:47 AM
Master Enthusiast
1997 Altima
1995 Sentra
1995 Nissan sentra

Welcome to the forum I hope you find this site suitable for your needs, and I hope you can aid others with their vehicle problems.

Tags
hinew, owner, sentra, toronto