Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
What do you think about your Nissan? Forums > > What do you think about your Nissan? What do you think about your Nissan?
Forgot Password? Join Us!

General Chat Off Topic Post. Sports, News, Events, Meets and Shows. (No technical Issues)

View Poll Results: What do you think of your Nissan Product?
Will never buy a Nissan again. 39 19.12%
It's ok I guess. 17 8.33%
I Like it. 42 20.59%
Love it but open to other makes if the price is right. 79 38.73%
Will never own anything other than Nissan. 27 13.24%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-07-2008, 09:32 PM
Pieman47

Default What do you think about your Nissan?

Just want to know what everyone else thinks about there Nissan Product.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Almost 4 years with my Xterra and the only problem I had was the CD player, which was replaced under warranty the second year.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:52 PM
Pieman47

that is not too bad. other than the few post i have started about my problems that is it for me.
Old 03-19-2008, 06:56 PM
Enthusiast

2008 Frontier Nismo KC

I love my Nissan! I've had several vehicles in the past few years some good some bad. The good have all come from Japan: Nissan, Honda, Subaru... (Toyota has never had anything good enough for me to look and now with their Quality Problems I doubt the ever will, I will not name the others since I don't believe they matter). Here is how I have rated my vehicles that I have owned. (I understand my thoughts might not mean anything to you, and after all it is just my opinion. Just let me say I know I am hard to please and do not intend to make anyone angry)

1982 Chevy Cavalier... 1st car.... Pile-o-scrap

1991 Ford Festiva... Not so festive.... Junk (not the lady killer I wanted)

1991 Ford Taurus... a/c inop, 3 bad tranys, 2 engines, 2 p.s. racks, bad paint, only 87K......... Yeah that’s right... another pile.

2000 Ford Ranger 2wd.... 1st new car. This truck was cool for about 20 minutes then it started to snow, not fun 2wd=1 wheel wonder when you start to slip. Liked the truck for the most part only had it for about 30k

1993 Ford Tempo... I learned a lot about fixing cars with this gem. "Tempo actually Means Temporary transportation.

1990 Acura Legend.... this car would not die...289k. 1st foreign car.. Nice.

*2002 Nissan Sentra SER Spec-V... AWESOME.... wish I still had this one.
Fast, cool, 6-speed, wow I miss that little car. Just not enough room for two car seats.

2003 Subaru Forester (the wife's ride)... Great car. But after 2 dear and a 5-car pile-up it just wasn't the same.

2003 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 4.7V8 5 speed... BIG.. Really freak'n BIG.. Fit the whole family and then some... but 9-14 mpg, I spent more in fuel each month than I paid on the loan! Went through 2 new factory radios in the first 6 months, and they never did fix the stalling problem.... Not a Dodge fan.

2005 Subaru Legacy (wife's car).......... great car, MPG's, fun to drive.... Had child #3 so it was no longer big enough.

2005 Honda Civic Si......... Wow what a fun car all around good car, fast, fun to drive... but its hard to look really cool smoke'n the tires off a hatch back.

1992 Ford Ranger... Yeah I know what your thinking "another Ford, doesn't this guy ever learn? Hey, I needed a truck and it was CHEAP... It's a PILE but it still runs when I need it only 210k (I now use it to haul stuff that might scratch my pretty Nismo.)

2007 Honda Odyssey (wife’s van)...Sorry, no soccer balls here...but as far as mini-vans go its.. its.. well lets face it it's a VAN.... (At least its not a Freestar)

1997 Honda CR-V... 240k, one owner, no problems. Gave it to a friend in need. Slow, safe, plows though any snow/mud like none other.

*2008 Nissan Frontier KC Nismo 4X4, Majestic Blue, w/Blue interior, 6 Speed, Tech package... This is the Best By far! I will own this truck for a very long time. (The wife stole my check book and told me that I could not to purchase any more cars until she gets a new house, or something like that I really wasn't listening too well). I special ordered this truck so I know it has everything I wanted that was offered. Kind of stinks that it took 3months to get here but I think the wait made me appreciate it a little more. During the time it took to get the truck to me, I made a few calls to Nissan and every time they took away my doubt and confirmed why I bought a Nissan.

Sorry, I know I've missed a few but, it's a little long for a Post as it is.

Last edited by ebrake13; 03-21-2008 at 10:51 PM.
Old 03-20-2008, 01:21 PM
Pieman47

You can say that again. You have had quite the experience with cars.
Old 05-04-2008, 01:19 PM
charlie-ia

had a company transit before, which i was very fond of. did many lonely miles together.
just recently bought a 2.3d Delivery (2000) is just little and cute, dont need anything as big as a tranny. seems to be just the job so far.
comfy driving position,
reasuringly diesely sounding (hate cars where you cant hear your engine)
plenty of room.
robust feeling (bad rough roads by us - doesnt seem bothered by pot holes or stray rocks)
good visibility, its very rural where we live, so the height to see over the hedges and undulations in the road is very important.
engine in funny place though, and im having real trouble getting a manual. took me hours to find the dip stick!
Old 05-05-2008, 03:39 PM
Master Enthusiast
2002 Maxima

whats 2.3d waht does it mean

2002 Maxima GLE Silver on Black
| Berk Intake w/AEM Dryflow | Clear Sidemarker Lights w/PIAA L.E.D|PIAA L.E.D Courtesy and Licence Plate Lights|PIAA White Fogs |Fibre Customs EyeLids | 5% Limo Tint | Brembo Blanks and Hawk HPS Pads |Ebay FSTB|CATTMAN RSB| NWP VIAS Block plate and NWS Spacers| OEM Spoiler | 07 350 z rims on 235/45/18 Goodyear Eagle GT tires| Megan Racing OE-RS Catback |

in training

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT: Subscribe or Donate
Old 05-05-2008, 05:22 PM
Enthusiast
2010 Frontier Crew Cab
2007 Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergey85 View Post
whats 2.3d waht does it mean
I found this on Google for Nissan 2.3d truck
Nissan Vanette Cargo 2.3D | MJM Light Commercials
Old 05-05-2008, 07:07 PM
Master Enthusiast
2002 Maxima

lol thats a funny looking car thanks clint
Old 05-06-2008, 03:28 AM
charlie-ia

thats not a funny looking car, thats my new van youre talking about. he's called Stan and i love him!
its very similar to the vanette, but doesnt have that ugly bump in the roof.

where's the engine in a vanette? anyone know?

i managed to download a manual for a serena, but the engine seems to be under the bonnet (hood) on that car.
theres no room for the engine under my bonnet, cos thats where the spare wheel is.
you ought to see where i keep my dipstick!!
Old 05-06-2008, 12:25 PM
Pieman47

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergey85 View Post
lol thats a funny looking car thanks clint
agreed
Old 05-13-2008, 10:20 AM
NissanZi

I want one for my dog. White with black spots like my dalmatian

Old 05-23-2008, 03:24 PM
Pieman47

put some big floppy ears on it and it will be complete