Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
What do you think about your Nissan? Forums > > What do you think about your Nissan? What do you think about your Nissan?
Forgot Password? Join Us!

General Chat Off Topic Post. Sports, News, Events, Meets and Shows. (No technical Issues)

View Poll Results: What do you think of your Nissan Product?
Will never buy a Nissan again. 39 19.12%
It's ok I guess. 17 8.33%
I Like it. 42 20.59%
Love it but open to other makes if the price is right. 79 38.73%
Will never own anything other than Nissan. 27 13.24%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-14-2009, 04:11 PM
b1ynd

all my cars have been nissan

1st car 240sx 1990 SE hatchback- loved it beautiful experience the bloody thing flied with a few mods until some old dude crashed into me at 40 mph (he swears he didnt
saw me behind a pickup truck)

2nd car 240sx 1989 coupe- i bought this one for 400$ it was a piece of crap but after putting the old 240sx engine back together painting it its original factory color and giving it a black top plus all the other car stuff it came all together love it now!! Lovely fireballs after 7000 rpm when you shift! (still own it)

3rd car 2005 Sentra SE-R V spec- my daily driver not as fast as my 240sx but its comfty and a reliable way of transportation ohh and I forgot zero having to complain about omg what a heavy clutch (then again thats my fault for going aftermarket)
Old 09-15-2009, 08:13 AM
brainclutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbizness1 View Post
There is no regulation that any mfg. has to do the maintenance to keep a vehicle in warranty. If you have receipts for service they can't deny the warranty claim. However they can open up the motor for inspection. They also have a way to test motor oil to see how long it has been in the motor.
We had receipts from a local garage, showing that service was preformed (oil & Filter) on at least two separate visits. Unfortunately, most of my service records were inadvertently thrown away by my wife. She was cleaning out the garage and not realizing that the dirt stained, ragged, manila envelope on the shelf contained just about all the service slips and register receipts for her Nissan Quest... All but two, which were in the trunk of my vehicle.
We could not go back to the garage that preformed the work for reprints, because the owner took whatever was in the bank and fled the country, leaving behind his $750,000. home and quite a few businesses and creditors, with their hands out, waiting to be paid...
As for me, I'm not sure he ever changed the oil. He NEVER changed the oil filter!! This I know because Nissan's mechanics pulled the filter off and it had a green band on it, indicating OEM, FACTORY INSTALLED. I had no where to go, to recoup my costs...
Old 09-19-2009, 01:07 PM
altiman

well i have always been a ford guy..still am a ford guy..my wife and i bought an 02 altima 3.5 V-6,we love it!!!! has 142,000 miles,just oil changes,air filters,2 sets of brake pads up front and one set in the rear,just the normal consumable items..no major repairs its been a great car,,as for the fords..still own 2 of em,,a 1983 mustang gt with 334,000 miles..and a 1990 mercury sable(its still a ford)with 130,000 miles..yeah i work on them more but its FUN!!!!
Old 09-21-2009, 07:22 PM
Enthusiast
2009 Altima Coupe
2009 Altima Coupe

Default 2009 alt coupe

I have just under4 000 miles and love it. The ride, looks, all nice. I get alot of complments on it. I looked at the VW, Saturn sky(nice but no room) Mustang and went for this one after the first drive. Front wheel drive for winter and enough room for a trip anywhere.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:38 PM
2016 Versa
2001 Xterra
2016 Versa

Default 1994 Sentra

Best car I've EVER owned. Got her in December of 2003 and haven't had hardly any problems.
Old 12-22-2009, 06:02 AM
Nissuzu

Thumbs up

I like my truck.... broken as it may be. ... Fun to drive, especially since it's a 5 speed--WOOT!!!
I'm not TOTALLY sold 100% on being a lifer when it comes to Nissan. I've owned:

The Schmoo--A 1993 Ford Festiva... and it WAS FESTIVE!!!! and I loved it!
Rufus--A 1987 Isuzu Trooper which I loved but it rotted in half!
Ru Too--A 1990 Isuzu Trooper which I loved AND killed cuz I'm dumb!
Muhnyrvuh--A 1991 Isuzu Amigo which I loved, but traded for (Muhnyrvuh the Tiny) a '87 Honda Rebel-WOOT!!! My first bike!!!
Gump--A 1998 Subaru Forester which I HATE AND WILL KILL IF IT CROSSES MY PATH EVER AGAIN!!! I will set it on fire and push it over a cliff.
Myranda Murdock--A 1999 Isuzu Rodeo which I thought I loved, but it was nothing but a nightmare from day one and that's why I traded her.

I've only had my Xterra since the end of August this year, and I just discovered that it needs a new driver's side axel and, since you can't just get u-joints for the Xterra, it also needs an entire rear driveshaft . BUT, ultimately, even though I can't afford to FIX IT!!!... I do love it, and I'm glad I traded the Rodeo in on it. But....... if it continues to break and if I can't find a good source to get Nissan parts for it at somewhat affordable prices, I might just have to go back to the 1st generation Zu's after this one... But, we'll see. I do love my truck.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:56 PM
2010 Altima

New to Nissan. Last month I got a '10 Altima 2.5S with all options ex. nav. Must admit I shed a tear trading in my Chrysler 300M, but after 9yrs & 2 accidents (last one near total) it was time for a change.
Despite MSRP ~$9k lower than the old 300M (NOT inc. inflation) and less luxurious interior coachwork (no real wood trim, cheaper seat trim, etc.), the Altima is overall a more advanced car. Performance is very close to 300M (acceleration, skidpad handling, etc. according to Car & Driver tests), but with 2.5L 4cyl/CVT (vs 3.5L 6cyl/4sAT) the EPA mpg's are ~1/3 higher. And surprisingly-quieter (consistent with CD tests). And my Altima has features 300M lacked (stability program (VDC), side curtain airbags, rear back-up camera, locking rear seatback). Bose stereo is much better sound, too. Only minor complaint so far is no passenger power seat (dumb oversight by Nissan since Ford Fusion has it) and no memory seating (expected at Altima price point).

Overall this early on- I rate the Altima 9/10.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:32 PM
catweasel

Default 1969 Datsun 2000

I bought my Datsun (Nissan) 2000 roadster in 1974, still have it, and drive it daily throughout Spring, Summer and Fall. I just bought a '95 Pathfinder and love it.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:59 AM
ctfronti

Do like my 02 SCX, CC, LB, 4x4. good ride, power sharp look truck.
Wifes; Jeeep Grand Cherokee 01, 8 cyl. good ride Dodge always fixen the same damm thing though. NEVER AGAIN!
Others include; 1970 & 72 442 Oldsmobile Cutlass, 66 jeep wagoneer (wasome wheeler), Datsun B210 hatchback (great car), Toyota 99 4 runner, 98 Dodge Ramcharger (all show no GO), 97 Subaru legacy, 96 subaru impresa sport (great car), Chevy S10 2wd (awsome gas mileage), 94 S10 4x4 yard and dump rum truck, OH don't let me forget the most impressive ride to date....my Simplicity Conquest lawn tractor!! Ya baby.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:59 AM
rollingclone

Absolute Nightmare, owning a Pathfinder reminds me of my boat. Just keep sinking time and money into it. The difference is I enjoy my boat.

2005 Pathfinder.
I had to have new rotors on the front.
I have the cup holder in the rear fall apart.
That little compartment next to the shifter has broken.
I have had the plastic molding on the rear hatch completely broken away.
I had that rattle that Nissan could not locate (it is a radio harness Clip)
new battery, new collision sensor, new O2 sensor, Oh yeah, a new fuel level sender put in, under warranty.
And they recently did something to the tire inflation sensor/system. I am worried that I am hearing that whine from the timing belt tensioner going in the V6.
Tranny is now slipping, winding up and down
@80K and I am on here today to figure out how to replace the struts, as the truck is now bouncing all over the road
I will never buy Nissan again.
Nissan told me to screw after they replaced my rear driveshaft, because I was at 70K and the warranty ran out at 65K
So, if I was you and you are under 65K, go out to the truck and bang the crap out of the drive shaft, because eventually they will fail, also, try to get the timing belt tensioner fixed before the warranty runs out, oh and now I am getting ready for the tranny failure I am reading about, something about the coolant is leaking into the tranny and killing it?
Old 03-01-2010, 10:11 AM
rollingclone

I forgot the paint chips on the front of the thing, apparently Nissans chip on the hi-way, so I had the front of my black Pathfinder look like Starry Starry night by Van Gogh. Cost me 1200 bucks, 1500 bucks on the drive shaft, rotors, and other service items. NOW, I may be in for another 5000 dollars for the tranny. Absolute nightmare. Kick myself for not going a few grand more on the 4-runner, or Pilot. My friends 4-Runner has almost 300K on it.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:54 PM
2004 Sentra
2004 Sentra SER Spec V

My Lady got the first Nissan, an 2000 Sentra 1.8 GXE. It ran fine for the first few weeks, then tossed out the off code about lean bank 1. A few months later my girlfriend was driving a few hundred klicks out of town and it just lost power and died quite quickly! Long story short a $250 tow job home, 12 hours of troubleshooting, and finally a$85 MAF sensor. Ran fine for a few months and now blowing a P301 knocking code (and I can FEEL it knocking when driving up a hill), and to be festive it is also tossing out a P0100 (MAF) code... Still to be fixed.

My ride after 10 years of a Dakota R/T (fun to run competitively with stock Mustangs and Cameros on the twisties around town - until I needed to stop for fuel) is a 2004 Sentra SER Spec V. Fun car except when it won't start (the usual 2.5L fuel pump issue I assume - but I need to fix the 2000 first). Once I get some summer tires on it then I will be able to comment on the real fun factor of this car...

Larry
Old 03-25-2010, 03:35 PM
rollingclone

1969 Pontiac Firebird, brother took when I went into the service, 110mph on back roads in seconds
1972 Chevy Chevelle, awesome, sold it for twice what I paid
1980 Olds Cutlass Supreme, piece O shite, comfortable though
1980 Pontiac Fiero, burn it, just burn it
1983 Datsun 4x4, crashed it but it was great fun
1975 Chevy 1 ton truck, a beast, tranny went I fixed it and sold it
1985 MR2, wicked, blew the motor racing it, very small
1985 GTI, best car I ever owned, 40MPG and just fun, I bought another for parts it had a blown motor, mine was the last GTI made in Germany before they sent the line to Mexico, now it is called Wolfsburg if it is made in Germany and cost twice as much
1993 girlfriend Nissan Sentra, thing ran for ever, very depenable car
1994 Nissan Truck, 190K, blown exhaust manifold and broken frame due to rot, truck had issues with the auto front hubs ~ 25K, once I changed those to manual locking I had zero issues with the truck
1996 Volvo 960, Awesome car, tranny CPU went 156K $$$$$$$$
1994 Jeep, junk, sold it at 90K, just junk
2000 Honda Odyssy presently 198K, and see no reason not to get another 100K, awesome
2005 Nissan Pathfinder, biggest dissappointment so far, Bought new, spent over 2500 bucks on repairs, still under 80K, Nissan does not stand by anything the sell

Never will I buy a Nissan again
Old 05-11-2010, 08:21 AM
jjski78

Well, I've owned a few rides, and here they are in the order I have owned them:

1985 Pontiac Grand Prix: Total, utter, absolute, GARBAGE
1988 Pontiac Firebird: Not quite as craptastic as the Grand Prix, but garbage nonetheless
1996 Acura Integra: Loved it, the one that got away :(
2001 Mitsubishi Galant: Garbage, plain and simple
2005 Nissan Frontier: Loved it, no problems, traded it in at 80k for my:
2009 Nissan Titan: Other than the atrocious mileage, I love it. 20k on the ticker so far. Solved my mileage issue by buying:
1986 Nissan 300ZX 2+2: Only had it for a couple of weeks. Previous owner thought it had a blown head gasket and it would run hot. One $150 radiator later and she runs perfectly fine. His loss, my gain!

Now the wife wants a new Maxima. Gotta finish the lease on her VW first though! I'll be driving Nissans for life unless something crazy happens!
Old 05-11-2010, 08:26 AM
jjski78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tschroll View Post
2009 Nissan Maxima - spiderweb swirl marks in paint, headliner cut too short must be replaced, interior door molding must be replaced due to being warped. We will see what the Nissan regional rep says but as of now Nissan quality sucks! I am not happy about my new 40K dollar car with these problems.
Spiderwebs in the paint: go to a real detailer. It's common knowledge that the minimum wage lackeys at the dealership do more harm than good.

Headliner and door molding: Hello people: stuff happens! I've known people that bought $100k+ benzes and had them break down on the way home from the dealership! Get the problems fixed under warranty and carry on with your life. I'm sure everything you do is 100% perfect, 100% of the time.

Tags
nissan