Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
What do you think about your Nissan? Forums > > What do you think about your Nissan? What do you think about your Nissan?
Forgot Password? Join Us!

General Chat Off Topic Post. Sports, News, Events, Meets and Shows. (No technical Issues)

View Poll Results: What do you think of your Nissan Product?
Will never buy a Nissan again. 39 19.12%
It's ok I guess. 17 8.33%
I Like it. 42 20.59%
Love it but open to other makes if the price is right. 79 38.73%
Will never own anything other than Nissan. 27 13.24%
Voters: 204. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-01-2009, 04:03 PM
Tschroll

2009 Nissan Maxima - spiderweb swirl marks in paint, headliner cut too short must be replaced, interior door molding must be replaced due to being warped. We will see what the Nissan regional rep says but as of now Nissan quality sucks! I am not happy about my new 40K dollar car with these problems.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:41 AM
smacneighill

I have an 04 Altima 2.5 with over 137,00 miles on it (mostly highway miles). I've never had any mechanical, electrical, nor any problems for that matter. I love my Altima. I've been very impressed with it. This is the 2nd Nissan we've owned and, we love it.

Prior to that, I'e owned Ford, Chevy and Dodge products. Not really impressed with those. The only other make of vehicle we've owned is, a Honda. Our old 1987 Accord ran and ran and ran. We couldn't get it to break down.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:03 PM
brainclutter

Personally, I would NEVER do business with Nissan EVER again, if it were my vehicle...but it is my wife's and she loves it..!! This is her THIRD Quest. She had a "Certified Pre- Owned", '93 GXE, a "Certified Pre-Owned", '99 Quest XE, and now this New 2005 Quest SL. She swears by them, especially after getting broadsided on the drivers door, (her fault..) while driving the '93 GXE, and surviving with only a few bruises and some cuts from flying glass.
If you could have seen the way the sheet metal was wrapped around the 'composite side-impact, intrusion beam, which in conjunction with the seat belt (an endorsement for seat belts!!), saved her life.., you would understand her fierce loyalty to the Quest. Though after my dealings with Nissan Corporate (Our engine seized, with just 19k on the odometer and because we did NOT have Nissan do any of the service maintenance under the 3 year or 36,000 mile warranty, they would NOT cover any of the repairs, which involved replacing the engine..!!), she may have cooled a wee bit....
Old 04-04-2009, 02:47 PM
Enthusiast
2009 Murano
2007 Maxima
2009 Murano

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanZi View Post
I want one for my dog. White with black spots like my dalmatian

The hood looks like a shortened version of the Chevy Venture.
Old 04-04-2009, 02:55 PM
Enthusiast
2009 Murano
2007 Maxima
2009 Murano

ebrake13 brought back some memories.
Here's my list.

First Car used 59 Chevy conv. 283 v8 Paid $100.00 for this car. Odometer said 83k but back then they only went to 100k and started over. Pressing the pedal to the metal it exhaled blue smoke but I ran it for 2 years and 50+ k miles before it quit. Wish I had it today.

62 Chev 2dr 283 v8 Great car but I ran it into a tree on two occasions, bent the frame.
68 Buick Skylark 350 4brl. Nice car but front drum brake shoes wore out to soon because weren’t big enough. I rebuilt the carb. Sold it at 150k when I bought the Datsun 210
67 Chev. Camaro RS 327v8 Chevy’s best motor from that era. Great car only changed the water pump in 6 years. Was my wife's when we were married.
76 Datsun 210 First import. Bought this car new when I started commuting 75 miles a day to work. Not fast and a stiff ride but good fuel mileage. Had a defective carburetor from the factory and I was towed 5 times in the first year. Another Datsun dealer who is now the Nissan dealer that I bought the Murano from fixed it on the first try. Kept it 6 years and gave it to my brother. He used it 2 years. Was beginning to show a lot of rust. MPG 29 city 41 highway. Brake pads were so easy to change.
82 Buick Regal 231 v6 Bought used with 22k Wife drove it for it for 6 years. Sold it with 95k
88 Olds Ciera 2.8v6 Bought with 20k miles Sold it with 225k. Replaced the water pump and the fuel pump. The lock up torque converter started to hang up at 150k so I unplugged it.
85 Buick Regal Bought from an old lady with 40k, rebuilt trans at 135k. Son totaled it out coming home from school at 145k.

98 Dodge Grand Caravan. 3.3v6 bought this car new and still own it with 138k. This car has been virtually flawless. It had a few minor recalls and I replaced the left power window motor. Use it as my daily commuter.

98 Nissan Altima SE. I bought this at 3 years old with 115k. I replaced alternator at 145k, and a purge solenoid to repair the check engine light. Sold a few months ago with 171k. Great car. I learned to repair Nissan EVAP emissions systems from this car after getting ripped off on the Maxima. Moth nests near the EVAP canister are a yearly problem, which turn on the light. Replaced numerous headlamp bulbs.

96 Nissan Maxima. Bought this for my daughter from the original owner with 45k miles. She still has it with 175k. I had to replace the alternator 2 times. Cost almost $900. for emissions repairs for check engine light problems to pass inspection. It has a oil leak from the timing case cover which is costly to repair. Again numerous headlamp replacements.

2000 Chev S10 Blazer. I bought it for my son with 45k. Now has 135k. Replaced air pump, check valves and in tank fuel pump cost for both $1300.00. Seat reclining handles from GM are a joke.

2009 Murano S AWD Bought this car last November with 14.5k, Ex Enterprise car. Dealer had to repair center dash display light. When headlights were turned on the display went out. Has 17.5k on it now with no problems. Nice ride, handling and engine performance. Would have preferred the Saturn Vue but GM might drop the Saturn Line.

Until the late 90’s I worked in the auto industry for 18 years. I believe most imports are overrated for reliability while most domestics are underrated. Most parts for imports are more expensive. No matter what the brand, if a vehicle is well maintained and used with care most will give good service.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:35 AM
Enthusiast
2009 Murano
2007 Maxima
2009 Murano

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainclutter View Post
Personally, I would NEVER do business with Nissan EVER Though after my dealings with Nissan Corporate (Our engine seized, with just 19k on the odometer and because we did NOT have Nissan do any of the service maintenance under the 3 year or 36,000 mile warranty, they would NOT cover any of the repairs, which involved replacing the engine..!!), she may have cooled a wee bit....
There is no regulation that any mfg. has to do the maintenance to keep a vehicle in warranty. If you have receipts for service they can't deny the warranty claim. However they can open up the motor for inspection. They also have a way to test motor oil to see how long it has been in the motor.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:06 AM
2003 Altima
2003 Altima 2.5S

Got 93 Sentra E in 97 and had to replace crank seal, water pump, starter and a couple of alternators. Had to git rid of it because body was shot. Rocker panels, trunk hood around lic. plate and driver door was more rust and holes than metal but it ran like a champ with 205,000 miles on it. No regrets.

Traded it in on a 03 Altima 2.5S last Friday (5/29/09). Got from a dealer and had "service Engine Soon" light come on after 1/2 hour. The next Monday they replaced the crank sensor for free. Has 80,000 turns but friends say who work in autos say for a Nissan, thats the breakin.

Will go to Nissan and see if all recalls have been done.

This new Altima sure has more bells and whistles over the Sentra.

What will be the new Nissan I can trade this one in on in 2021.

Done blabbering.

Joe
Old 06-05-2009, 11:57 AM
Enthusiast
2010 Frontier Crew Cab
2007 Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBL View Post
Got 93 Sentra E in 97 and had to replace crank seal, water pump, starter and a couple of alternators. Had to git rid of it because body was shot. Rocker panels, trunk hood around lic. plate and driver door was more rust and holes than metal but it ran like a champ with 205,000 miles on it. No regrets.

Traded it in on a 03 Altima 2.5S last Friday (5/29/09). Got from a dealer and had "service Engine Soon" light come on after 1/2 hour. The next Monday they replaced the crank sensor for free. Has 80,000 turns but friends say who work in autos say for a Nissan, thats the breakin.

Will go to Nissan and see if all recalls have been done.

This new Altima sure has more bells and whistles over the Sentra.

What will be the new Nissan I can trade this one in on in 2021.

Done blabbering.

Joe
My sister traded her Altima at 247,000 miles with no failures ever, just routine maintanance.
She bought a new Altima to replace it.

Good luck,

Clint
Old 06-05-2009, 12:15 PM
silvertiger09

1. Owned 2002 Maxima GLE ---Super! My first brand new car. Enjoyed giving stupid BMW drivers more than a run for their $$$ on highways.
2. Owned 2005 Maxima SL with skyview. Drove from NJ to FL to GA. At 105mph, car glides like space shuttle--smooth like butter... Gave it up for
3. 2005 Murano SL AWD -fully loaded and always ready to kick a***.

Only beef are the expensive maintenance and repairs at the Orchard Park dealership. But the people at this dealership are very professional and very nice.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:24 PM
kll

this is my second nissan. first one was a r50 pathfinder. i drove that one for 60000 miles, and i was the second owner, except the automatic transmission problems, car didnt develop any problems except rusting on several places. car was 99 make and 145k miles on odometer. i bought that one from a city near sea side.

now i bought an xtrail 2003 make, 70000 miles, car is newer, milage is lower but again there are rusting parts! climate is dry here, i cant understand why japanese engineers are not poaying attention to this rusting problems. is nissan similar to hyundai in quality??

if i could choose i would invest on a German made SUV.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:29 PM
Stan Hyman

Smile The Best Car I Have Ever Owned!

I own a 2005 Nissan Altima 3.5S.

Two years ago I had after-market leather upholstery installed.

I didn't like the Continental tires that came with the vehicle, and I have replaced them with Michelin Energy Tires.

I must say that this is the finest automobile I have ever owned; I purchased my first car in 1964. Have purchased, G.M., Chrylser, Ford, Honda, and Toyota...but this car my 2005 Altima wins all the prizes from me.

I have recently test driven 2009, Altima, Maxima and Infiniti......frankly, I think that my 2005 Altima handles as well or better than any of them.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:10 AM
FL Backpackonwheels

We've had a 1990 Hardbody king cab 4x4 pickup, 2000 Maxima SE, 2001 Xterra SE 4x4, and now a 2009 Quest S. All of these vehicles were/are very reliable; we still have the Xterra which now has 105k miles. Reliability and style were two factors that went into the decision to get a Quest. I'm now in the process of "freshening" the Xterra for the next 100k miles.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:14 AM
Stan Hyman

Default Timing Chain on my Altima 3.5 Engine?

My 2005 Nissan Altima 3.5S has 80.000+ Km.....does anyone know if the Timing Chain has to be replaced like the old timing belts after 100,000 km.?
Old 08-23-2009, 03:04 PM
Master Enthusiast
2005 Frontier Crew Cab Frontier Crew Cab
05 nissan frontier

No.If there has been no issue like chain noise and proper maintaince has been preformed there is no reasion to replace. i have seen many go well beyond 175,000 miles.
Old 08-30-2009, 07:17 PM
OrangeCharlie

Default Thrilled!

Love my Cube. I was very hesitant at first, but after the test drive I was sold. Great quality. Nissan has drastically raised the bar in the past few years on all models.

Tags
nissan