Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Change your oil!!!!!!!!!!!! Forums > > Change your oil!!!!!!!!!!!! Change your oil!!!!!!!!!!!!
Forgot Password? Join Us!

General Chat Off Topic Post. Sports, News, Events, Meets and Shows. (No technical Issues)

Old 12-27-2017, 11:25 AM
2015 Rogue

Default Change your oil!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is amazing how many people don't change the oil in their vehicles. If you don't do anything else to the vehicle at least CHANGE THE OIL!!!!
We have had four vehicles in the shop in the past couple weeks that needed engines due to lack of oil changes. A couple were lease vehicles. A new 3.5 L engine from Nissan is very expensive. The part alone is around $10,000.
It is cheaper to maintain it than replace it. Trust me, we don't get any satisfaction out of selling you a new engine for your 2 year old vehicle that you are still paying for.
Old 12-27-2017, 01:16 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Agree, we did 2 engines at our shop in the last couple of weeks. So simple, inexpensive, but very necessary.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:23 PM
2007 Xterra
2007 Xterra

Sound advice indeed. I'm in the middle of the timing chain job on my 07 Xterra with 104K miles. I was dreading splitting the front cover open after watching all the youtube vids and seeing the black insides, esp since I drive in AZ wtih 115 degr summers. I opened mine and it was spotless, like new.....castrol synthetic and premium filters every 4K miles. Cheap insurance.

Tags
change, oil