Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
No spark on sylinder 1 and 4 after chain timing Forums > > No spark on sylinder 1 and 4 after chain timing No spark on sylinder 1 and 4 after chain timing
Forgot Password? Join Us!

General Chat Off Topic post. Sports, News, and more (No technical Issues)

Old 06-09-2017, 08:46 PM
2002 Xtrail

Default No spark on sylinder 1 and 4 after chain timing

Hie i have a Nissan Primera P12 QR 20 Engine, last month i wanted to wash my car and moved it about two metres from original position, after washing it wanted to start but was just crunking, at first we thought it was a fuel pump, we changed it but nothing, we changed the timing chain cause at first it was making noise my mechanic said it was stretching, after that it became worse as it was not receiving sparks on sylinder 1 and 4 and week spark on 2 and 3 jst a single spark, then called the other guy who came with a scanner as we thought it maybe the cam and crank sensors but the scanner showed no any errors, neither on ECM... help guys maybe the mechanic did not set the timing correctly wat could be the problem
Old 06-10-2017, 12:04 AM
2002 Altima
2002 Altima

The ECM scan showed no errors which a good thing. It means the issue is not monitored by the computer. If the Timing Chain is not installed correctly, engine will not start. So I suggest to double check timing chain installation.
You may need to refer to repair manual for Removal and Installation. Primeras are not sold in North America. Its closest cousin is the Infiniti G35. If Factory Manual is not available try after market like Haynes or Chilton. Are you in NZ, UK or other parts of Europe.