Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Nissan Almera Blower Forums > > Nissan Almera Blower Nissan Almera Blower
Forgot Password? Join Us!

General Chat Off Topic Post. Sports, News, Events, Meets and Shows. (No technical Issues)

Old 12-06-2016, 11:44 PM
2006 Almera
1995 Pulsar
2006 Nissan Almera

Unhappy Nissan Almera Blower

Hi All,

I have recently bought a new car Nissan Almera SXE 1.5 Hatchback 2006,

My blower stopped working the other day suddenly, It will not come out on any speed. I have checked the blower motor that seems to be still powering as I tested off a spear battery, I have also bought a second hand resistor and still no air, I have also checked the fuses for the blower motor and the fuse for a/c. I would check the relay for the blower motor but couldn't really see this been blown (Plus I cannot find the location if the blower relay)

oh and the heating is a combo with radio controls.

Any help would be great as it's close to Xmas and money is tight.

Thanks in advance for the help
Old 12-07-2016, 01:28 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Questions:
1) Are you saying when you apply power and ground to the blower motor, it works"
2) Have you taken a 12v test light and confirmed power at the blower motor harness connector?
3) If you confirmed power at the harness connector, have you put the test light between the two terminals of the harness connector to test for ground, or, otherwise confirmed there is good continuity to ground?
Old 12-08-2016, 12:11 AM
2006 Almera
1995 Pulsar
2006 Nissan Almera

Unhappy SMJ

Yeah I tested the blower off a spear battery its not stuck or seized it spins with a good force to it.

(I disconnected connector and just tested off the two pins inside the blower motor itself)

I went the scrap yard and picked up a lot of relays, started swapping them out 1 by 1, this has no affect (unless I missed the blower motor relay)

relays checked - under dash at fuse box - beside accelerator in plastic cover - under bonnet relays. (these are all I could find)

the blower motor has 2. 15a fuses and the air con has 1. 10a fuse. (none are blown)

Blower motor has 2 wire connector (Blue with White strip) (Blue with Black strip)

Also the resistor is a black box type (not credit card type) attached photo*

I have also bought a new cabin filter for the system.

If I can't find the issue before Saturday, I will be setting it up a switch till after Xmas.
(If I have to go down this route could you give me your best and easiest fix)
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Almera Blower-blower-jpg   Nissan Almera Blower-resistor-jpg  
Old 12-08-2016, 08:54 AM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

You need to get a 12v test light and test for power at the harness connector for the blower motor. This will tell you if there is a power supply issue to the blower motor or if there is a ground issue. Doing this will cut your diagnostic work and half and be more useful and quicker than just swapping random relays. Stick to the basics! You should also find a wiring diagram for you heating system. If you do have power at the connector, then you should have a ground issue. You can test this buy running the test light between the two terminals of the blower harness connector.

Tags
almera, blower, nissan