Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2014 Pathfinder Repair Question Forums > > 2014 Pathfinder Repair Question 2014 Pathfinder Repair Question
Forgot Password? Join Us!

General Chat Off Topic Post. Sports, News, Events, Meets and Shows. (No technical Issues)

Old 06-09-2016, 04:04 AM
2014 Pathfinder
2015 Versa

Default 2014 Pathfinder Repair Question

I am in need of advice. I took my car to dealership for oil change, brake pads, and tire rotation (general maint), it has 80k. No driving issues, no warning lights on, no problems. When done with service after driving approx 50 miles, ABS, Traction Control Light and 4WD Error light on. Was told that it would reset itself was just from the service, when light came back on was told it was a control module. Had that replaced, drove over 100 miles then lights came on again - same ones. Took back to dealership and was told that it needed a transmission. Nissan fixed the transmission at their cost saying it was a manufacturers defect. Then I was told that I needed a brake booster and and ABS Sensor. This morning they called to tell me that I need a bearing as it has seized. Would a seized bearing not have caused my tires to make a noise or stop turning the wheels? Would this not be something that was noticed when they did a tire rotation? I just feel that something is extremely fishy with all of this. If anyone has any input, I would appreciate it.
Old 06-09-2016, 06:18 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Your R52 should have wheel bearing hub assemblies, like my R51 Pathy. The bearing can be bad without being seized. If there is play in the bearing it can cause an improper ABS wheel speed sensor reading which would trigger the ABS, TCS and 4WD codes and set the warning lamps. Now whether that was your initial problem or not, I cannot say.
Old 06-10-2016, 02:34 AM
2015 Rogue

I would look for another dealer. It doesn't sound like they have a clue what they are doing.
ASE Master Certified.

Tags
2014, pathfinder, question, repair