Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2010 GT-R wiper blade refill replacement Forums > > 2010 GT-R wiper blade refill replacement 2010 GT-R wiper blade refill replacement
Forgot Password? Join Us!

General Chat Off Topic Post. Sports, News, Events, Meets and Shows. (No technical Issues)

Old 10-03-2011, 07:18 AM
2010 GTR

Default 2010 GT-R wiper blade refill replacement

Hello,
I need to replace the wiper blade refills on my 2010 GT-R. I can't figure out how to get the old ones out so I can install the replacements. Can anyone help with instructions? Thanks in advance
Old 10-03-2011, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

1. Pull the wiper arm.
2. Push the release tab A , and then move the wiper blade down the wiper arm 1 while pushing the release tab to remove.
3. Insert the new wiper blade onto the wiper arm until a click sounds.
4. Rotate the wiper blade so the dimple is in the groove.

2010 GT-R wiper blade refill replacement-figure2-gif
Attached Thumbnails
2010 GT-R wiper blade refill replacement-figure2-gif  
Old 10-03-2011, 09:24 AM
2010 GTR

Thanks for that, but I know how to remove the wiper assembly. It's the blade refill I'm not sure how to remove from the wiper assembly. The blade refills are $6 each as opposed to $30-40/wiper assembly. That's why I ordered only the refill.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:21 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

And you don't have Instructions on how to install the refill blade. Are you sure you even have the right length or if its made for your car.

You can try pulling out the old one from one end of the assy and slide the new one and see if it works.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:41 PM
2010 GTR

Yes the refills are the right ones. They were purchased from Courtesy Nissan and are specific for the driver's and passenger's sides. The problem is that the wiper assembly is a solid piece including the sides. There's nowhere to "slide them out". It seems that either they are just pulled out (some hesitation to do so without confirmation first) or the assembly has to be dis-assembled some way. That's why I'm asking.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:07 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

I am puzzled cuz I didn't even think you can only buy just the rubber blade. I just replaced mine last week I bought from walmart (Michelline) at $8.+ ea. driver and pass. side.

Out pop the old one and pop in the new one. Did it in the parking lot. If I were you I would talk to the parts guy.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:45 PM
2010 GTR

I did--no instructions available from them. I want to replace the blade only as the wiper assembly is designed aerodynamically to keep wiping the windscreen at something like 90 MPH. I need to get a hold of a copy of the GT-R service manual. It should tell you how to do it.

I thought if there was anyone on this forum that had access, they could relay me the "How-To-Do-It" instructions, or maybe point me the way to how to get a copy of the manual for myself. Thanks.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:58 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

The owners manual is here: Knowledgebase - GT-R - Nissanhelp.com Forums

The owners manual or the service manual does not have the instruction on how to replaced the the wiper inserts just the blades assembly. On the older Nissan models the wiper blades package had the instruction on the back. There is nothing special, just pull the rubber and the metal parts and install the new one.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:39 AM
2010 GTR

Got it thanks. Peel back the rubber on the side just enough to slide the refill out then slide the new one in. So simple, it's embarrassing!
Old 10-10-2011, 09:29 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Thanks for letting us know, I'm glad you got it done.

Tags
2010, blade, gtr, refill, replacement, wiper