Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Water Hose Replacement Frequency Forums > > Water Hose Replacement Frequency Water Hose Replacement Frequency
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 12-20-2008, 01:48 PM
writer

Default Water Hose Replacement Frequency

My radiator, heater, and other water hoses are 13 1/2 years old with 87,500 miles on them. They look to be in good condition and some of the hoses look hard to get at to change. However, I plan to put 5 year/150,000 mile Prestone antifreeze in it. Is there any point in changing the radiator hoses if I don't change all the other water hoses?
Also is it OK to run almost all tap water and Prestone Super Radiator Cleaner for 6 hours at an idle? I'm not sure since the boiling point of 100% water is lower than a 50/50 water antifreeze mixture that the owner's and service manual recommend running. Or is that recommendation just because of the corrosion additives in antifreeze?
Also how often should a thermostat be changed?
Old 12-20-2008, 02:10 PM
Master Enthusiast
2002 Maxima

it probably wouldnt hurt to change the hoses. if u are gonna do u flush might aswell try and replace them while u are under the car.

2002 Maxima GLE Silver on Black
| Berk Intake w/AEM Dryflow | Clear Sidemarker Lights w/PIAA L.E.D|PIAA L.E.D Courtesy and Licence Plate Lights|PIAA White Fogs |Fibre Customs EyeLids | 5% Limo Tint | Brembo Blanks and Hawk HPS Pads |Ebay FSTB|CATTMAN RSB| NWP VIAS Block plate and NWS Spacers| OEM Spoiler | 07 350 z rims on 235/45/18 Goodyear Eagle GT tires| Megan Racing OE-RS Catback |

in training

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT: Subscribe or Donate