Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Location of Turn Signal Flasher Relay Forums > > Location of Turn Signal Flasher Relay Location of Turn Signal Flasher Relay
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 12-02-2008, 04:54 PM
2001 Frontier King Cab

Exclamation Location of Turn Signal Flasher Relay

Does anyone know the location of the turn signal flasher relay on an '01 Frontier, 4 cylinder? I was told it was behind and below the radio. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:47 PM
Master Enthusiast
2002 Maxima

relays are usually found in the engine bay on the passenger side

2002 Maxima GLE Silver on Black
| Berk Intake w/AEM Dryflow | Clear Sidemarker Lights w/PIAA L.E.D|PIAA L.E.D Courtesy and Licence Plate Lights|PIAA White Fogs |Fibre Customs EyeLids | 5% Limo Tint | Brembo Blanks and Hawk HPS Pads |Ebay FSTB|CATTMAN RSB| NWP VIAS Block plate and NWS Spacers| OEM Spoiler | 07 350 z rims on 235/45/18 Goodyear Eagle GT tires| Megan Racing OE-RS Catback |

in training

SHOW YOUR SUPPORT: Subscribe or Donate
Old 12-03-2008, 05:21 AM
2001 Frontier King Cab

It is not there, I checked. I found some prints on an xterra, and it says that the thermal flasher (another name of it) is located behind the radio area. CAn anyone verify that for the 01 Frontier?
Old 12-15-2008, 05:17 PM
2001 Frontier Crew Cab
2004 Quest

I just changed my flasher relay on my '01 Frontier Crew Cab. Mine was near the steering column above my right knee. I turned on the ignition switch and put the turn signal on and off a few times while listening for the relay to click.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:29 AM
tpallone

Feb 20, 2009. I just changed the flasher on my 2001 Frontier. Finally located the flasher above right ankle near but not attached to steering column. It hangs fitted onto a metal tongue by slides built into the flasher unit housing. Just lift the flasher and it slides easily off the tongue shaped metal support. Labeled as NISSAN 25731 1M200; 12.8V 85 c/m T/S 27W X 2 + 3.4W. Lay down on the floor with a flashlight. Easy to spot if it works well enough to click while you are looking. The flasher is plugged into a white base that has the three female receptacles into which wires are fixed. Slide the unit off the metal support. Find, on one side or the other the pressure point to disengage the hook that holds the unit into the white housing and it easily comes out; no forcing needed.
Old 02-20-2009, 04:30 AM
tpallone

50 to 65$ for the OEM part on the web. Found a $13 generic replacement at Pep Boys:
Tridon Stant EP34 "12V 3 Terminal Electronic turn signal or hazard warning with lamp outage indicator FLASHER" written on the package. The new unit lacks the slide supports that the original one has so let it dangle, stick it on with tape or sticky Velcro or use cable ties strings etc to secure it.
Old 01-30-2011, 07:26 PM
2001 Pathfinder
2002 Frontier Crew Cab

I'v just replaced the relay. Here are some photos of mine.(2002 Nissan Frontier, SuperCharge). I exchanged the plastic housing cap of the relay, so I can put new relay on the same metal support. The groove is on the cap housing.

Old 08-26-2015, 08:45 PM
2002 Xterra

Default It's the black one, NOT the blue one

to repeat: It's the black one, NOT the blue one. I got mine out by prying between the two little tabs you can see. The guts came out, leaving the enclosure still attached. Then I pried the enclosure off the new flasher relay and shoved the guts from the new one into the old enclosure. easy peasy...NOT

just spent WAY too long replacing mine on WAY too hot a day.
thought I might save someone some frustration.
Old 06-28-2016, 08:59 PM
2012 Versa

Exclamation Nissan Versa 2012 1.8 Hatchback Flasher Relay location?

hi.. does any one know the flasher relay location on a Nissan Versa 2012 1.8 Hatchback? but im still not sure if its the problem... when I use my left or right turn signal switch instead of just one side lighting. both sides are lighting up... and when I turn on the Hazard switch only the back ones flashes...

I hope someone can help me... TIA!!! :)
Old 07-01-2016, 11:15 AM
2012 Versa

Default Nissan Versa Flasher Relay Search

i dismantled my dashboard and tried looking for the beeping sound.
and heres what I found out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DUJts69Wgs
Old 08-15-2016, 06:43 PM
2002 Xterra

Default Getting the flasher module off/on ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by overkill View Post
to repeat: It's the black one, NOT the blue one. I got mine out by prying between the two little tabs you can see. The guts came out, leaving the enclosure still attached. Then I pried the enclosure off the new flasher relay and shoved the guts from the new one into the old enclosure. easy peasy...NOT

just spent WAY too long replacing mine on WAY too hot a day.
thought I might save someone some frustration.

I have a 2002 Nissan Xterra ... Here is what I did to replace the flasher module:

1) Remove the lower plastic dash molding (under the steering column) by removing the 2 phillips screws. I did not remove the wires/connectors from that panel.
2) Detach the white and blue module by prying out the metal clasp on the front with a small flat screw driver, then pulling down.
3) The black flasher module is right behind the blue and white module. The black flasher is attached on top to the dash. To remove, pull the bottom of the flasher very slightly towards the rear of the car, then slide the flasher towards the front of the car (there is a small plastic barb/wedge on top of the flasher that prevents it from just sliding out).
4) Disconnect the wiring plug from the flasher
5) I purchased a Novita EP34 flasher module from O'Rielly Auto Parts (around $15).
6) As "Overkill" mentioned above, the new module (EP34) does not come with the mount on the top, or the shielding on the bottom. Take a small flat screw driver to take the old and new flashers apart, then take the electronics from the new flasher and put in the old housing.
7) Attach the plug back on the flasher
8) Test the turn signals and emergency flasher to make sure that they work
9) Slide the flasher back on to the mounting bracket under the dash. It slides from the front of the car to the back. It slides straight in, not at an angle like when you removed it. (Remember that the barb/wedge should have the tall side facing towards the front of the car. On mine, the lettering on the flasher faced to the front of the car.)
10) Attach the blue and white module by pressing it up into the bracket (just to the front of the flasher)
11) Reinstall the lower plastic dash molding with the 2 phillips screws

Note: I'm not sure what the white and blue module is, but FYI it vibrates when the flashers are on.

I am not a mechanic ... it took me about 15 to 20 minutes to complete. The hardest part was re-attaching the flasher to the dash!!!
Old 08-13-2017, 09:06 AM
2001 Frontier Crew Cab
2014 Rogue
2001 Frontier Crewcab SE

The relay in my 2001 Frontier V6 was directly behind the steering column. If you still have the original installed it should say "Tridon" on it somewhere. Mine was the Tridon 25731 1M200. Got a replacement at Autozone for $12. Was very easy to install. Just pull the steering wheel column cover off and remove the lower portion of the dash which is only attached by 2 screws. If you look straight up you'll see it right under your dash cluster sitting above the main steering column shaft. Unfortunately the new relay did not have the part that allows you to slide the relay back to its original resting spot but I secured it with a zip tie to ensure it didn't conflict with the steer column height adjustment or parking break function.

Total time to replace was less than 10 minutes.

Piece of cake!

Tags
flasher, location, relay, signal, turn