Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Constant shudder in overdrive when slightly decelerating Forums > > Constant shudder in overdrive when slightly decelerating Constant shudder in overdrive when slightly decelerating
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 03-11-2008, 03:28 PM
Dr.Theopolis

Default Constant shudder in overdrive when slightly decelerating

I have narrowed down the problem below

Original Post:

I have a 2001 Frontier XE 4 cylinder. It shudders and vibrates really bad under some specific circumstances. It seems to run great in the lower gears...but as soon as it goes into overdrive and anywhere from about 40-70+ mph...if I just barely let off the gas and slightly decelerate, it shudders really bad and does it until I start accelerating again. I had codes P0302 and P0402. I changed all the spark plug wires and plugs. I cleared the codes. P0302 came back in less than a day. Any ideas of easy things I can check before having to put it in the shop would be appreciated.

Update:

I disconnected the vacuum hose from the top of the EGR valve. The problem GOES AWAY. So now I need to narrow down to either EGR valve iteslef, EGR-BPT valve (whatever that is for), and the EGR solenoid valve. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. THANKS!

Update:

Gee, you all are a lot of help! :-)

Last edited by Dr.Theopolis; 03-21-2008 at 08:32 AM. Reason: more information found
Old 06-21-2008, 05:57 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Theopolis View Post
I have narrowed down the problem below

Original Post:

I have a 2001 Frontier XE 4 cylinder. It shudders and vibrates really bad under some specific circumstances. It seems to run great in the lower gears...but as soon as it goes into overdrive and anywhere from about 40-70+ mph...if I just barely let off the gas and slightly decelerate, it shudders really bad and does it until I start accelerating again. I had codes P0302 and P0402. I changed all the spark plug wires and plugs. I cleared the codes. P0302 came back in less than a day. Any ideas of easy things I can check before having to put it in the shop would be appreciated.

Update:

I disconnected the vacuum hose from the top of the EGR valve. The problem GOES AWAY. So now I need to narrow down to either EGR valve iteslef, EGR-BPT valve (whatever that is for), and the EGR solenoid valve. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. THANKS!

Update:

Gee, you all are a lot of help! :-)
Did you ever get your problem fixed?

FIND OUT WHAT YOUR REPAIR SHOULD COST?
Repair Cost Estimator

BUY NISSAN ACCESSORIES!
Nissanhelp Store
Old 11-09-2019, 02:02 PM
2002 Frontier King Cab

Default 02 Nissan Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by vpnavy View Post
Did you ever get your problem fixed?
Did you get the vibration fix? I have the same problem, P0302 , bad or rough idle. Replace a lots of parts to include plugs, wire, cap, rotor cap, injector, fuel regulator, IAC, mac sensor and throttle sensor. After replacing EGR valve and solenoid, Idle is steady but vibrates at 40-55mph while driving. P0302 sometimes show up.

Tags
constant, decelerating, overdrive, shudder, slightly