Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2002 Tail Light/ Brake Light Bulb ~Can't Change~ Forums > > 2002 Tail Light/ Brake Light Bulb ~Can't Change~ 2002 Tail Light/ Brake Light Bulb ~Can't Change~
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 12-27-2007, 06:20 AM
jenbird

Default 2002 Tail Light/ Brake Light Bulb ~Can't Change~

Grrr!!

I LOVE my truck.....but I have a brake light out and I can't for the life of me figure out how to replace it! I'm no dummy either! I've never had a vehicle that I couldn't change a bulb so this is really driving me nuts. I looked at the manual online and it shows screws that I can't find. When I drop my tailgate, there are no screws inside that jam. The only bolts that I can even find are UNDER the bedliner. Please don't tell me I have to remove the bedline to change a frickin' bulb!

PLEASE HELP!!!
Old 12-27-2007, 06:44 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2015 Rogue

s
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbird View Post
Grrr!!

I LOVE my truck.....but I have a brake light out and I can't for the life of me figure out how to replace it! I'm no dummy either! I've never had a vehicle that I couldn't change a bulb so this is really driving me nuts. I looked at the manual online and it shows screws that I can't find. When I drop my tailgate, there are no screws inside that jam. The only bolts that I can even find are UNDER the bedliner. Please don't tell me I have to remove the bedline to change a frickin' bulb!

PLEASE HELP!!!
1st - Welcome Aboard!

2nd - I won't tell you you have to remove the entire bed liner. However (and you knew that was coming) - you do have to pull the liner away (parallel to the light assembly on both sides) to see the screws.

Hope this helps...

FIND OUT WHAT YOUR REPAIR SHOULD COST?
Repair Cost Estimator

BUY NISSAN ACCESSORIES!
Nissanhelp Store

Last edited by vpnavy; 12-27-2007 at 06:47 AM.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:14 AM
jenbird

Oh Fooey! The bolts that I saw when I pulled the bedliner away were too far (by about 4 inches) for me to reach with a screw driver.

This is going to be a major ordeal, isn't it?

I hate to think I have to PAY someone to change a bulb. :(
Old 12-27-2007, 10:23 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbird View Post
Oh Fooey! The bolts that I saw when I pulled the bedliner away were too far (by about 4 inches) for me to reach with a screw driver.

This is going to be a major ordeal, isn't it?

I hate to think I have to PAY someone to change a bulb. :(
Does yours look like this?

Brake Light Replacement Picture
Old 03-30-2009, 10:26 AM
dhcoop

I have the same problem. 2000 Crewcab. Went to get inspection sticker and found out I had right brake light out. No one at the shop could figure out how to get the cover off. No screws visible anywhere. The picture posted here does not look like my light.
Old 03-30-2009, 05:43 PM
Master Enthusiast
2005 Frontier Crew Cab Frontier Crew Cab
05 nissan frontier

You can change the bulbs and it's not that hard.Take a section of 2x4 and place under the center section of the bed liner.Now reach under the bed rail cap on one side and pull towards the center of the bed.That will give you more that enough room to reach both 10mm bolts that hold the lens assy. in place.Simple...

Tags
2002, brake, bulb, change, light, light or, tail