Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2005 nissan frontier wheels Forums > > 2005 nissan frontier wheels 2005 nissan frontier wheels
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 04-16-2006, 08:32 PM
vlcmpmp

Default 2005 nissan frontier wheels

i want to know if nissan titan stock wheels will fit on my frontier, im thinking about buying the dark grey 18" wheels found on the titan i just want to make sure they will fit before i buy them?
Old 04-18-2006, 06:09 PM
Tech Enthusiast

2003 Frontier SC 4x4 Crew

I can't say that I have ever heard of anyone doing this. The thing that you need to find is what the overall tire diameter will be. That will be listed in the tire specifications. The other thing you will need to know is the backspacing of the Frontier factory wheels (typically 5.5") vs. the backspacing of the Titan wheels.

Again, the two biggest issues are tire diameter and wheel backspacing. If the backspacing is too much or too little, that will make the wheels not fit.

Let me know if this does not help you.
Old 05-13-2006, 10:03 PM

Was thinking that my 06 frontier would get better mileage without those overly fat stock tires.
Is there a skinnier treaded tire that'll fit the same wheels while having the same load rating?
.........IW
Old 06-05-2006, 05:00 AM
Tech Enthusiast

2003 Frontier SC 4x4 Crew

There are several tire size calculators available online. Try selecting a narrow tire size that maintains the overall tire diameter.

I have 32" mud tires and I have only lost about 1mpg over the stock tires. These are 6 ply and my old mud tires were 8 ply. Even with two sets of mud tires, I have only noticed a slight decrease in mileage over stock. If I went to a tire narrower than the stock, I would get better mileage but I would have more body role in curves. I don't drive fast on curves because it wears out my mud tires but if I had a narrower tire, it would wear it out even faster due to body role.

Tags
2005, frontier, nissan, wheels