Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2000 Nissan Cold Start problems 4cyl Forums > > 2000 Nissan Cold Start problems 4cyl 2000 Nissan Cold Start problems 4cyl
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 10-06-2007, 06:51 PM
housej55

Default 2000 Nissan Cold Start problems 4cyl

Hello,
I have a 2000 Nissan frontier that is running really rough for the first 20 minutes of driving after a cold start. It seems after I get about 10 miles down the road it starts to run better. When I start the truck in the morning, it seems to idle fine but when I go to take off I have to revit it up over 3K rpm to be able to pull out. If I don't then the truck will buck real bad. It seems under 2500rpm if either taking off or even driving down the road and I push on the accelerator for more gas it bucks real bad. Now, a month ago I had the ac checked out and the guy left his computer in the car hooked up when I went to pick up the truck. The code was showing (i think) 75 which explained the EGR Valve was malfunctioning. Could the EGR valve cause these problems or would this be a Throttle position sensor, or fuel filter problem? Any help is appreciated. This truck has 117K (4cyl) and the plugs and wires -distributor has not been changed.

housej55
Old 10-07-2007, 02:37 AM
2015 Rogue

You shoudl probably start with a tine up (cap,rotor wires, plugs & fuel filter)
The egr could also be causing a problem if it is sticking open.
ASE Master Certified.