Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
08 frontier abs issue Forums > > 08 frontier abs issue 08 frontier abs issue
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 01-05-2021, 11:54 AM
2008 Frontier Crew Cab

Default 08 frontier abs issue

Trucks a crew cab, v6, 6 spd. The abs light has been on most of the time I've owned the truck about a year n 2-3000 miles. It went off a couple times after washing it. Also had a bad front bearing that I thought was the cause. Fixed the bearing. Drove it for awhile. The abs n slip light were still on. I was able to have codes read with a snap on reader, that says c1113. It could read wheel speed sensors and that all checked out. The c1113 is only listed as g sensor. I went to a junk yard n grabbed a couple. Tried to replace it but my truck doesn't have the sensor. A nissan parts site says the sensor is only on vdc equipped models. Mine has no vdc light, off button, or sensor. It doesn't seem like the dealers I talked to can see if it came with it or not from the vin. I think it's safe to say it doesn't have vdc. I want to clean all the grounds. All the connectors I've checked have been good, but check what I can get to easily again. Anyone have any other ideas?
Old 02-14-2021, 07:10 PM
Enthusiast
2009 Pathfinder

Try another better code reader, there is probably more than 1 code. I'll ask my mechanic buddy about the C1113 code for Frontiers. We will be finishing the installation of the brake kit and aftermarket dirt bike exhausts on the bike tomorrow.
Old 02-24-2021, 01:20 AM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Nissan Xterra ABS light FIX C1113 code FIXED - YouTube
Old 03-24-2021, 01:52 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2002 Frontier

If a Snap-On DTC Scanner gave you a DTC for a Sensor that your truck doesn't have , then either your truck has non-original equipment PCM (main computer) , or , scanner is wrong .

Start with new scan ...

If previous owner had a problem that he , or wrench-hacks couldn't solve , they say , "needs a new computer" .

'TARDS' - p f f t t t ........................................

Last edited by Schrade; 03-24-2021 at 01:54 PM.

Tags
abs, frontier, issue