Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
01 frontier 3.3 fuel pump issues Forums > > 01 frontier 3.3 fuel pump issues 01 frontier 3.3 fuel pump issues
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 08-12-2020, 06:04 PM
2001 Frontier King Cab

Default 01 frontier 3.3 fuel pump issues

Hi new here.. I've been reading through posts on this issue and haven't found answer.. I bought the car off my father inlaws estate so dont know history..when i got the the truck it had been sitting for 3 mths .. Jump started it and left it running for about hr.. When I was walking up to it it died like the key was turned off.. Since then towed home.. Anyways after checking things the fuel pump is not running.. Checked fuse, replaced relay, checked ecm relay all good.. Finally read thread to jump red / white wire on back of fuel pump relay.. Pump runs and truck starts.. Find wire at back of ecm jump it .. Relay works and pump runs.. So guess my question is is it a bad ecm or am I missing something.. Thank you all..
Old 09-27-2020, 03:47 PM
Enthusiast
2009 Pathfinder

How's your research so far? My buddy got his Frontier project we'll work on after we finished installing the brake kit and dually wheels on the current Superduty project. The Frontier also isn't starting and the wasn't working at all. We'll try that white and red wire jumping.
Old 09-27-2020, 09:25 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2013 Frontier King Cab
1993 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryDL View Post
How's your research so far? My buddy got his Frontier project we'll work on after we finished installing the brake kit and dually wheels on the current Superduty project. The Frontier also isn't starting and the wasn't working at all. We'll try that white and red wire jumping.
Henry,

Before you start jumping Wire's together not knowing what will happen, I would suggest you Read the Nissan Service Manual and Follow it's guidance.

It doesn't take much to damage the Electronic Module's. I've heard just a power spike from a loose Battery cable can take out the ECM, and they are not cheap.

If you can't understand the Nissan Service Manual or don't have the equipment to show the Trouble Code's and know what they mean, My Advice is to take it to Nissan and let them figure it out. It could very well be cheaper than jumping wire's together not knowing what will happen.

Good Luck,
Old 09-28-2020, 08:07 AM
2001 Frontier King Cab

Turn out to be ecm.. Had to buy replacement due to to much damage inside.. The frontier is currently running great..

Tags
frontier, fuel, issues, pump