Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Right turn Signal not working on Trailer Forums > > Right turn Signal not working on Trailer Right turn Signal not working on Trailer
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 07-08-2020, 02:39 PM
2005 Frontier King Cab
2016 Altima Sedan

Default Right turn Signal not working on Trailer

First time poster here. I recently bought a new little trailer to camp in that I will be pulling with my 2005 Frontier. I installed the hitch, got a 7 round pin harness installed on my truck. Running lights did not work so I did some research and found out I needed to put in a towing relay in the front passenger side behind the kickplate. I did that and I am good to go, not so much. all of the lights work now except the Right turn signal/brake light on the trailer. Heard that there is a towing fuse somewhere but I will be damned if I can find it. I hope that someone here can help me locate that. Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
Old 07-14-2020, 10:49 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2013 Frontier King Cab
1993 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Mandeville View Post
First time poster here. I recently bought a new little trailer to camp in that I will be pulling with my 2005 Frontier. I installed the hitch, got a 7 round pin harness installed on my truck. Running lights did not work so I did some research and found out I needed to put in a towing relay in the front passenger side behind the kickplate. I did that and I am good to go, not so much. all of the lights work now except the Right turn signal/brake light on the trailer. Heard that there is a towing fuse somewhere but I will be damned if I can find it. I hope that someone here can help me locate that. Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
Phil,

When it come's to electrical it's challenging for me too.

1st thing that I would do is start at the Trailer Tail Light to see if power is there by useing a 12v test light or Multimeter. If power start checking the connection's in the Taillight, If no power then go to Trailer Connection to check for power to that Light socket and continue up the Circuit until you find Power and back down to next connection to see what the problem is, ie ground wire etc.

Regards,
Old 07-20-2020, 07:04 AM
2005 Frontier King Cab
2016 Altima Sedan

I was able to locate to Undocumented fuse under the dash by the steering column and "reset" them and the lights worked after unplugging and plugging back in the new relay I purchased. Thanks for the help though. Have a great day!!
Old 07-20-2020, 09:08 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2013 Frontier King Cab
1993 Truck

Quote:
I was able to locate to Undocumented fuse under the dash by the steering column and "reset" them and the lights worked after unplugging and plugging back in the new relay I purchased. Thanks for the help though. Have a great day!!
Phil,

Glad that you got it figured out. I've worked around under my dash routeing the cable for my Scangauge II, but even after doing all that I didn't notice a Fuse holder! It was a little bit dark and I was in a cramped uncomfortable position, so that's my excuse.

A Nissan Service Manual might help you on Future Problem's. They were selling on EBay hard copy CD's for around 25 $'s or so, which I think is a pretty good price for the Whole Manual. Other source's can be gotten by googleing. Amazon may have one too.

Regards,
Old 07-20-2020, 09:15 AM
2005 Frontier King Cab
2016 Altima Sedan

Thanks! I will look into that as I plan on keeping my truck for at least another 50k miles!! Have a great week!
Old 07-21-2020, 12:46 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2013 Frontier King Cab
1993 Truck

Quote:
Thanks! I will look into that as I plan on keeping my truck for at least another 50k miles!! Have a great week!
Phil,

I think this is it for less than 5 $'s.

2005 NISSAN FRONTIER MODEL D40 SERIES SERVICE / WORKSHOP REPAIR MANUAL #PDF DOWNLOAD# ~ HeyDownloads - Manual Downloads

I paid about 10 $'s for my 2013 Frontier several year's ago and this look's like the OE Nissan Service Manual for 2005 Frontier.

I got mine in PDF's. Then I made a Folder on my desktop and copied the pdf file's to it. Then I burned that Folder to a CD, so that I would have a HardCopy Stored away.

I've never gotten anything from these people, but if I needed the OE Nissan Service Manual, I would take a chance on this since it is less than 5 $'s.

Regards,
Old 07-21-2020, 06:17 AM
2005 Frontier King Cab
2016 Altima Sedan

Thank you, I will check it out.
Old 07-21-2020, 05:26 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

There are some section free to download here: https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/Knowledgebase/links/22/

If you need more sections, I can upload the sections for you.

If you need the full manual you can download from here: https://x.nissanhelp.com/forums/Know...ase/links/548/ but you have to subscribe to the forum.

Tags
signal, trailer, turn, working