Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2009 D22 DX DC 2.5D 4x4 Forums > > 2009 D22 DX DC 2.5D 4x4 2009 D22 DX DC 2.5D 4x4
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 09-15-2019, 09:20 PM
2009 Frontier Crew Cab
1995 Terrano
2009 D22 DX 4WD D/C 2.5D

Default 2009 D22 DX DC 2.5D 4x4

Hi
Just introducing myself. Just picked a 2009 D22. (a shiny Red one) Im in New Zealand. These are called a Navara here.
Andy
Old 09-16-2019, 06:44 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2013 Frontier King Cab
1993 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy_NZ View Post
Hi
Just introducing myself. Just picked a 2009 D22. (a shiny Red one) Im in New Zealand. These are called a Navara here.
Andy
Hey Andy,

Post a Pic please.

Did you get an I4 or V6, AT/MT, CC/KC, 2WD/4WD, 6ft bed or 5ft bed?

Over here in USA they are getting closer to a New Model Frontier, but Nobody know's much about what it will look like, Motor, Trans, Chassis, etc. I expect a Stampede over here for the Gen 2's when the Gen 3's hit the Dealership's.

Most people don't know it over here,, but the V6 Frontier's are a Midsize Truck rated as a 1/2 Ton pickup.

Hope you and your Navara are getting along well.

Regards,
Joe
Old 09-16-2019, 11:46 AM
2009 Frontier Crew Cab
1995 Terrano
2009 D22 DX 4WD D/C 2.5D

Hi
Thanks for your reply
The Ute is 2009 Dual Cab 4 cyl 2.5l Turbo Diesel 5 speed Manual 4x4 86000kms (53000 miles)
The tray would be about 6'
Im dunno what cc/kc is
It was built/assembled in Thailand as that doesnt happen here
Hers some pics

Old 09-16-2019, 05:22 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2013 Frontier King Cab
1993 Truck

Hey Andy,

Your Truck looks Brand New. It looks like it has been well cared for.

cc/kc over here is Crew Cab and King Cab. Looks like yours is called a Crew Cab over here.

Diesel! Over here a Diesel Engine option isn't offered. Just a 4 cyl and 6 cyl both gas.

I like the Look of the Air Scoop on the Hood. Does it allow Air through the Scoop into the Engine Bay?

Diesel Engine's usually last a long time over here, if preventative maintenance is done along the way. Hopefully your Engine will last a long long time too.

I found out that Cheap Seat Cover's on the '93 Hardbody that I drove for 20 year's are really worth the money. I bought a set of Neoprene off of EBay for 20 dollar's that I put on the 2013 First Thing, and they are still holding up good at 6 year's. Also a cheap leather steering wheel cover will help prevent the steering wheel from getting soft on the Top side that the Sun hit's. I bought a cheap one for the '13, punched hole's and laced it on the Steering Wheel.

Thanks for shareing Pic's of Your New Truck with us, it really looks Nice. Here's hopeing Your Navara will last a long long time.

Regards,
Joe
Old 09-16-2019, 07:57 PM
2009 Frontier Crew Cab
1995 Terrano
2009 D22 DX 4WD D/C 2.5D

Called Dual Cab here so spose that'd be Crew Cab

Really no diesels...wtf. Diesel engine last way longer and heaps of torque. Dont mind the water to much either. These are good for 500k kms. Just chug along. Its a 2009 in great condition. Good ones getting hard to find these days.
Scoop looks cool aye. And yeah sit straight on top of and seals down onto the intercooler. (Pic attached)
Thanks for the heads up on the covers. Appreciate that. Dont use eBay in NZ. Shipping costs kill it. Use Aliexpress. Mainly the same gear just cheaper shipping

Andy

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by Andy_NZ; 09-16-2019 at 07:59 PM.
Old 09-17-2019, 05:01 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2013 Frontier King Cab
1993 Truck

Andy,

Thanks for the pic of the Air Scoop underneath showing full flowthru! That's really nice and functional. I wish Nissan would put a functional Air Scoop on the Frontier's over here. They look good and I think that the cooler compressed air help's.

Wow, the previous owner really took good care of your Truck; The Engine Bay is Super Clean, that's really nice to look at.

Put a thick coating of Grease on Your Battery Terminal's with cable's connected to prevent Corrosion on the Battery Terminal's. I've been useing Grease for a long long time and never have battery terminal corrosion. I put it on all the batterie's, Truck, Tractor, Lawn Mower. I've got an MTD Lawn Tractor that is 31 year's old,, but has never seen battery terminal corrosion! Lot's of new batterie's over it's lifetime,, but never corrosion. Just be sure to cover any bare metal from the terminal's and Cable's. I put a thick coating on and it stay's on, until I need to disconnect the battery for one reason or the other. Just use a paper towel to wipe the grease off before disconnecting.

I would change out the Gear Oil in the Rear End, and other Sump's in the Drive Train. I changed out the Rear Axle oil in the 13 early cause I couldn't touch the Oil with my finger. I didn't want to mix different brand's, so I drained and refilled. I'm really glad that I changed it early cause there was a good bit of very fine metal on the magnet.

Over here in USA Nissan only has diesel's in the Titan's, but I've heard that they are discontinueing the Diesel option though. Diesel Fuel over here is higher than Gasoline,, so not much saving's in Fuel Cost's.

Yes, I also use Aliexpress. The price's are really low,, and I've never had a problem with them. I used Cheap Neoprene Seat Cover's on the '93 for 20 year's. It was on the 3rd set when I got ready to sell it. When I took the Seat Cover's off, The Seat's still looked just like Brand New! Even the Color hadn't faded! It really help's on Resale Value. 1st person that came and looked at the Truck bought it. Paid 10K Brand New, 20 year's later with 176K mile's got 4K cash. Haveing Nice looking seat's impresse's the Buyer and they'll pay good money.

It really looks like you got a Jewel Truck in Pristine Condition. I'm really glad for you. Do Your part to take good care of it,, and it'll probly last you a long long time.

Regards,
Joe

Tags
2.5d, 4x4, d22