Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Water in passenger floorboard car wash only Forums > > Water in passenger floorboard car wash only Water in passenger floorboard car wash only
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 09-12-2019, 12:00 PM
2015 Frontier Crew Cab
2015 Frontier Crew Cab

Default Water in passenger floorboard car wash only

I have a 2015 Frontier Crew Cab that seems to only have water in the passenger floorboard after a car wash. With the research I have done seems to be an issue normally when the AC has been ran but mine does not leak when the AC is on, just after I run it thru the car wash. The water is coming from the black round plastic piece (4" around with 3 permanent fins and 2 pieces of a softer rubber - not sure what this piece is called as I can't find it in my book) located under the glovebox up on the vertical portion of the floorboard. This piece doesn't have holes but the water seems to be coming from around the two soft rubber pieces. This black round piece seems to the end point of a black 5" wide (although tapers) channel that runs along the underside of the glovebox.

Any idea's? Not sure if it does this when it rains as I haven't driven in a lot of rain, yet.....

Last edited by Rotpaw; 09-12-2019 at 12:03 PM.
Old 09-21-2019, 07:43 PM
2015 Frontier Crew Cab
2015 Frontier Crew Cab

Update...car still leaking only when running thru the car wash (and then not always - same car wash and same cycle). Actually, went to my local Nissan dealership and spoke with 3 different people (one in the service dept) and no one can tell me what the part is much less why it is leaking.

The only guess I received was the part was a fire wall plug (my ? would be why would it be so fancy if just a plug) and that maybe the windshield was replaced at one time (bought it used so have no idea if it was or not) and maybe the water from the car wash was somehow leaking thru the bottom of the improperly sealed windshield (never any water on the dash or inside glovebox's) and never when it rains so I don't think that is a viable scenario.

So still looking for an answer.
Old 09-29-2019, 09:03 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

In this case, a picture is worth a thousand words. The part that comes to mind for me is the evaporator case seal. Refer part code "27287V" on the part diagram linked below:

2015 Nissan Frontier Heater & Blower Unit - Nissan Parts Deal)

Tags
car, floorboard, passenger, wash, water