Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
No Start Issue Forums > > No Start Issue No Start Issue
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 08-08-2019, 11:34 AM
2006 Frontier Crew Cab

Default No Start Issue

I have a manual transmission Nissan Frontier 4.0, 2006.

I have had issue with intermittent start and now I can’t get it to start at all. I have replaced batter, terminals, spark plugs, camshaft/crankshaft sensors and the clutch safety switch.

I have had the starter, alternator and battery checked and all run fine. The last time it ran I got a check engine light for the camshaft and crankshaft sensors. Was not able to get it started after that so I replaced the sensors. Still not start and the last person suggested swapping the clutch safety switch.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to try next? Really trying to avoid getting it towed to a shop.
Old 08-10-2019, 10:34 AM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

It's always best to diagnose a problem rather than just keep replacing parts until one of them fixes it. As you've found out, it can start to get expensive! There are three different relays in the M/T starter circuit and the starter gets it's signal from the starter relay in the IPDM. The "SC" section of the factory service manual has wiring diagrams, schematics and diagnostics for the starting system, which you can find at this link:

https://nicoclub.com/FSM/Frontier/2006_Frontier/sc.pdf
Old 08-13-2019, 05:58 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2002 Frontier

Sounds like it's turning over, but not 'starting'?

Or is it not turning over at all?

DTC XXxxxx means the CIRCUIT for X Sensor has a problem, and not necessarily X Sensor has a problem.

Could be voltage TO the sensor ($free to check), could be a bad ground FROM the sensor (also $free to check), or could be the sensor (sometimes $free to check, if duty cycle of sensor can be tested with scanner or 'jumper-pin' triggered).

Fully-Automatic-Assault-Wallet / Plug n Pray repair rarely works, as smj noted.......

Tags
issue, start