Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
99 frontier, electrical issue Forums > > 99 frontier, electrical issue 99 frontier, electrical issue
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 07-18-2019, 12:08 PM
1999 Frontier Crew Cab

Default 99 frontier, electrical issue

99 frontier. Every single fuse in every single fuse box is good there is no power to the ignition switch. There’s no power to any fuse inside the cab there is power to all fuses and I’ll relay is under the hood except the clutch interlock relay which should only activate when the Clutches pressed him. What could be the issue because of lack of power inside the cab at the fuse box and the ignition switch?
Old 07-18-2019, 12:09 PM
1999 Frontier Crew Cab

The best not operating parts are the headlights brake lights and hazards and horn.
Old 07-18-2019, 03:02 PM
1999 Frontier Crew Cab

I have power to my fuse box I disassembled the entire fuse box and check every circuit all circuits are amazing the main issue is no power to the instruments or anything and no power going to the ignition switch from the fuse box. Does anybody know where the ground wire is that gives the ground signal for the three relays on the back of the fuse box?
Old 07-18-2019, 03:02 PM
1999 Frontier Crew Cab

I have photographs of everything but don’t know how to put them in this forum
Old 07-20-2019, 02:29 PM
1999 Frontier Crew Cab

Good Lord I would’ve expected at least one reply by now if this place is dead as heck
Old 07-21-2019, 04:38 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2004 Frontier King Cab
1998 Pathfinder
1998 Frontier

Download the factory service manual here, especially the electrical section with the wiring diagram. I think you'll need to download each chapter separately. 403 Forbidden
Old 07-23-2019, 10:33 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

If there is no power to the ignition switch, then the most likely problem is a bad fusible link, which is located near the battery. Nissan used two types; older models used fusible link wires at the positive battery cable end and later models used plastic fuse links with a clear cover on the top that allowed you to look at the fusible link inside. These are usually in a fusible link box located next or near the battery.
Old 07-23-2019, 10:34 PM
1999 Frontier Crew Cab

There is power from the battery and the fuse box under the hood all the way to the fuse box in the vehicle there is no power to the ignition switch coming out of the fuse panel inside the truck did not find any fusible links under the hood and I did test every single fuse and relay and they all performed stellarly.
Old 07-23-2019, 11:14 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

If you don't have one already, access the electrical section of the factory service manual for you vehicle at NICO Club's site, which you'll find here:

https://nicoclub.com/FSM/Frontier/1999-VG/el.pdf

Fusbile links are in the Fuse & Fusible Link Box, which is pictured on page EL-15.

The ignition switch gets its power from the 40A fuseible link "e" on the green wire (see page EL-13). The ignition switch's Red/yellow, black/yellow and green/yellow wires are all outputs of the ignition switch (see page EL-14). So, if you have no power to the ignition switch at the green wire, you have to check 40A fusble line "e." If the fusible link is "open," then replace it. If there is no power to it, then check the circuit between it (in the fusible link box) and the battery. If you have power through the link, but not at the ignition switch, you need to check the circuit between the fusible link (in the fusible link box) to the ignition switch.
Old 07-23-2019, 11:16 PM
1999 Frontier Crew Cab

Both sides of that fuse have continuous power the missing link is somewhere between the firewall and the ignition switch. All three relays on the back of the interior fuse panel tested perfectly all circuits in the fuse panel when I disassemble it are clean and clear every fuse has tested good and been removed and cleaned and re-inserted
Old 07-24-2019, 09:30 AM
1999 Frontier Crew Cab

Allow me to point out that every Wire going into and coming out of the engine bay fuse box has 12 V with the exception of the clutch relay. And that relate Tess fine
Old 07-24-2019, 11:58 AM
1999 Frontier Crew Cab

Your schematic helped me and I did find a blown fuse finally but not in the same positions as all the schematics were telling me LOL thank you very much for all of your help you guys have been amazing

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj999smj View Post
If you don't have one already, access the electrical section of the factory service manual for you vehicle at NICO Club's site, which you'll find here:

https://nicoclub.com/FSM/Frontier/1999-VG/el.pdf

Fusbile links are in the Fuse & Fusible Link Box, which is pictured on page EL-15.

The ignition switch gets its power from the 40A fuseible link "e" on the green wire (see page EL-13). The ignition switch's Red/yellow, black/yellow and green/yellow wires are all outputs of the ignition switch (see page EL-14). So, if you have no power to the ignition switch at the green wire, you have to check 40A fusble line "e." If the fusible link is "open," then replace it. If there is no power to it, then check the circuit between it (in the fusible link box) and the battery. If you have power through the link, but not at the ignition switch, you need to check the circuit between the fusible link (in the fusible link box) to the ignition switch.

Tags
electrical, frontier, issue