Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Nissan D21 1992 E-AT Power switch indicator lamp Forums > > Nissan D21 1992 E-AT Power switch indicator lamp Nissan D21 1992 E-AT Power switch indicator lamp
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 07-11-2019, 03:07 AM
1992 Pathfinder
1992 Patrol

Default Nissan D21 1992 E-AT Power switch indicator lamp

My 92 D21 auto trans has a switch under the instrument cluster that changes the shift points in my transmission for either economy or power mode. Recently, the lamp on the switch started flashing 16 times when I turn my ignition to the "on" position as if it is showing a code. Does anyone know what this means?

Recenly notised that thre was a hard sshifing from 1st to 2n in low rmp(below 1500). when rmp was around 2000rpm it shifting smoothly.

Any one can help on this regards would be highly helpful

Thanks
Old 07-18-2019, 04:10 AM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

What you are seeing is automatic transmission trouble codes being flashed on the "power switch." It's not just the # of flashes that is relevant, but the timing of those flashes; there are short flashes and long flashes. The information you need in in the automatic transmission section of the factory service manual. The self-diagnostic procedure is on page AT-39. This will give you the information you are looking for to help you figure out your problem. Here's a link to the AT section:

https://nicoclub.com/FSM/Hardbody/19...ction%20AT.pdf
Old 07-22-2019, 09:36 PM
1992 Pathfinder
1992 Patrol

I check with this document and it is not mentioned that i got 16 time short flashers from Power switch.It maybe vary to Nissan TD27T 4WD engine. Anyway thanks for your help on this matter.

Tags
d21, e-at, nissan, power, switch