Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
sports edition? Forums > > sports edition? sports edition?
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 03-16-2019, 07:10 AM
Enthusiast
2006 Frontier King Cab
2006 frontier king cab

Default sports edition?

when i was getting my windshield replaced the guy asked me about my frontier and i told him it has a se badge on the tailgate he told me someone must have badged it wrong because frontier didn't make a se model in 2006 i told him all i know is what is on the truck. so did they make an se version on the2006 frontier?
Old 03-17-2019, 09:53 AM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverghost1 View Post
when i was getting my windshield replaced the guy asked me about my frontier and i told him it has a se badge on the tailgate he told me someone must have badged it wrong because frontier didn't make a se model in 2006 i told him all i know is what is on the truck. so did they make an se version on the2006 frontier?
Yes, they certainly did! Available trims for 2006 were XE, SE, LE and Nismo.
Old 03-17-2019, 07:02 PM
Enthusiast
2006 Frontier King Cab
2006 frontier king cab

Default is it a sports edition

i thought so i think he just didn't want to work on it. what are the features of a se edition besides crappy milage?
Old 03-18-2019, 06:57 AM
Enthusiast
2006 Frontier King Cab
2006 frontier king cab

why are you chewing my butt? i said i love the truck i just thought a 2006 truck would get better mileage. when i got the truck from the dealer it was used and i had a choice either buy the truck or walk home from Seattle. i had a truck with great milage but the financing fell through and i had to drive it all the way back to Seattle. and i was sick with the flu at the time so i stayed in the hotel room.my wife picked it out and right after she got the truck the dealer closed down.before you jump all over someone get the facts of the story it might be a while before i return because of jerks like you.
Old 03-18-2019, 01:10 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2013 Frontier King Cab
1993 Truck

Quote:
why are you chewing my butt? i said i love the truck i just thought a 2006 truck would get better mileage. when i got the truck from the dealer it was used and i had a choice either buy the truck or walk home from Seattle. i had a truck with great milage but the financing fell through and i had to drive it all the way back to Seattle. and i was sick with the flu at the time so i stayed in the hotel room.my wife picked it out and right after she got the truck the dealer closed down.before you jump all over someone get the facts of the story it might be a while before i return because of jerks like you.
Exactly, That's what we've been trying to do is GET THE FACTS STRAIGHT.

We've been trying to help you, but you come across, to me, as someone trying to bash the Frontier on the Internet. Makeing Statement's like, "it says in the book that 2006 frontiers get 10 mpg on the highway and 12mpg in the city that's not good , that is the type of milage i get with my 69 f250 fully loaded. what causes such low numbers? ". Then when we reply asking verification,, we get nothing but Cricket's. I consider that disrespectful.

You just Rolled Your Truck, which is a Serious Accident, in which You and Your Wife could easily have been Killed. You tell us about it,, and it seem's your next thought is My Frontier's Gas Mileage "SUCKS".

I'm thinking now that you had a Serious Bump on your Head,, and not thinking straight, So I Apologize for Comeing Down On You. I get too carried away about Nissan Frontier's since I invested in One Myself,, and I get Irritated when I think someone is trying to Denegrate a Frontier.

Anyway's I'm Glad that You and Your Wife didn't get Badly Hurt and again Apologize for my Harsh Language. I do like helping other Frontier Owner's when I know enough to contribute, so I'll try to help you, If I can in the Future.

Last edited by JRJoe; 03-18-2019 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Too Harsh
Old 03-18-2019, 04:29 PM
Enthusiast
2006 Frontier King Cab
2006 frontier king cab

i wasn't running down frontiers i just assumed they would get better fuel mileage for a modern truck. it has plenty of power and it saved my wife and i's life and i love my truck i am just concerned it only gets 10 mpg on the freeway. i was sick when my wife bought the truck and the place has since gone out of business. so no warranty on anything. none of the dealers here in Spokane would honor the warranty. but in spite of the accident, it still runs beautifully. the cab is a little tweaked but nothing major.
Old 03-18-2019, 07:20 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2013 Frontier King Cab
1993 Truck

Quote:
i wasn't running down frontiers i just assumed they would get better fuel mileage for a modern truck. it has plenty of power and it saved my wife and i's life and i love my truck i am just concerned it only gets 10 mpg on the freeway. i was sick when my wife bought the truck and the place has since gone out of business. so no warranty on anything. none of the dealers here in Spokane would honor the warranty. but in spite of the accident, it still runs beautifully. the cab is a little tweaked but nothing major.
Well You've Definitely got something wrong with Your Truck IMO. It should definitely get more than 10 mpg at steady 70 mph, however if you were going 80 to 95 or even higher and flooring it to pass slower Auto's,, then I could see lower #'s, but 10 mpg is drinking Gas pretty good and won't get much more than about 150 mile's before needing to fillup again at 1/4 tank.

Really in all honesty it sound's like you were sold a 13 year old Frontier with Problem's. Maybe they removed the cat's but didn't reprogram correctly or not at all. That's just a wild guess, but you definitely got problem's and reading the spark plug's might give a clue as to what's going on in the MPG. Just a guess though.

Now might be a good time to trade the Frontier in on something better, especially since it's been rolled with extremely low mpg before the engine stops running. Call Nissan Consumer Affair's and they'll give you a VPP Loyalty discount on a Brand New Nissan. You might not be able to get back into a truck,, but one of the economy Nissan car's might be the ticket for You and Your Wife.
Old 03-19-2019, 09:00 PM
Enthusiast
2006 Frontier King Cab
2006 frontier king cab

the whole deal with larson motors in Puyallup didn't feel right but at the time i had the flue and any attempts to reach them was filled with promises to get right back to me, now they don't even return calls at all. we had a name for this in the military but this is a family forum but you all know what i mean. the truck runs and is paid for and i will be looking to change the plugs payday at 7 bucks a plug. i changed the air filter already and the oil and filter i even changed the cabin filters. now for the blower motor when i put it on 4 it shakes the whole dash and it should have been fixed when i bought it but i was told that was normal. and at the time i was recovering and i was just glad to be going home so i could rest. ever since the only thing i have had to do was change the cam sensor on the drivers' side and routine maintenance. nice cold a/cand nice hot heat.
Old 03-19-2019, 09:28 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2013 Frontier King Cab
1993 Truck

Quote:
the whole deal with larson motors in Puyallup didn't feel right but at the time i had the flue and any attempts to reach them was filled with promises to get right back to me, now they don't even return calls at all. we had a name for this in the military but this is a family forum but you all know what i mean. the truck runs and is paid for and i will be looking to change the plugs payday at 7 bucks a plug. i changed the air filter already and the oil and filter i even changed the cabin filters. now for the blower motor when i put it on 4 it shakes the whole dash and it should have been fixed when i bought it but i was told that was normal. and at the time i was recovering and i was just glad to be going home so i could rest. ever since the only thing i have had to do was change the cam sensor on the drivers' side and routine maintenance. nice cold a/cand nice hot heat.
Really in all honesty, You should take it to a Very Good Mechanic Experienced on Nissan's. I mentioned the Cat's might have been removed,, but on the otherhand,, they might be clogged. Again just a guess on my part.
When you take the old plug's out,, be sure to mark them with the cylinder #. I suspect that at least one,, but probably more will show, TOO RICH, because of the Very Low MPG. This is just a clue and Why an Experienced Mechanic should be doing this,, cause the Truck has several Sensor's, that are telling the Engine Computer how much Gas to send to each cylinder. The Mechanic will search for Code's as well to try and figure out what the problem or Problem's are.

I'm just not too convinced that Your Truck in it's present condition is going to be worth it money-wise. The Smart move, might and I say Might be to get out from under it with a VPP/Loyalty Discount from Nissan Consumer Affair's to get a New Nissan Economy Car, if it is Fiscally Possible. My fear is that it's going to cost too much to get it back running good, and continueing to Run the Engine like it is, maybe sooner than later it may not be running at all. Much better to make a deal with it running than not, IMO. I could be Way Wrong though.

An Honest Mechanic will Shoot Straight with You though about whether to Fix or Let Go.
Old 03-20-2019, 08:17 AM
Enthusiast
2006 Frontier King Cab
2006 frontier king cab

yeah, i am going to take it to a mechanic payday, in the meantime, i don't drive it much, too many honey-dos around the house.

Tags
edition, sports