Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
had an oh---- moment. Forums > > had an oh---- moment. had an oh---- moment.
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 03-16-2019, 07:00 AM
Enthusiast
2006 Frontier King Cab
2006 frontier king cab

Default had an oh---- moment.

while driving home from a wedding a few days ago it starting into a blizzard and with the wind blowing really hard and no weight in the back i hit a patch of black ice and it just spun me around and right off the road and when i hit the ditch it flipped. it pushed in the roof, smashed the windshield, bent the antenna, and generally put a few dents here and there. i ended up upside down in three feet of snow. my wife and i were only there for a few minutes until we were rescued by some people. then the ambulances came and took us to the hospital where my wife was checked out and all they did for me was felt along my spine and gave me a blood test and urine test. we both came out of it with just a few aches and pains but that was it. then i had to get the truck out of impound. it was 280 for the initial tow and 650.00 for the impound fees and after a jump start and a quart of oil, the truck started. and i called aaa and was told i was still on grace period and they would pay for the first three miles and the other 30miles would be 6 bucks a mile so i thought screw it im driving it made it home while passing two state troopers they just looked up from there paperwork. and kept on working and finally got it home. I am just glad to be home. that nissan is a tough truck.