Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Rusty under side Forums > > Rusty under side Rusty under side
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 12-13-2018, 04:43 AM
2011 Murano
2015 Pathfinder

Default Rusty under side

I bought a new 2017 frontier in march of 2018 and noticed after getting home that the drive shaft had rust spots and the cross braces were completely rusted. Has anyone else had this problem? What problems could this cause?
Old 12-14-2018, 03:13 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2013 Frontier King Cab
1993 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno View Post
I bought a new 2017 frontier in march of 2018 and noticed after getting home that the drive shaft had rust spots and the cross braces were completely rusted. Has anyone else had this problem? What problems could this cause?
Dan,

The Drive Shaft on my 2013 V6 KC is the same way. Seem's to me that they should have coated the Drive Shaft with some sort of Anti rust. I didn't notice about the Cross Brace's whether they are rusted or not on mine.

I asked Nissan Service about this,, and they said it's normal, and that they haven't had any problem's about this yet.

As for mine,, there is no vibration and very smooth at cruising speed.

I did notice after driveing in the rain that rusty water had dripped down on the garage floor from the driveshaft, but other than that no problem's. Mine drive's good.

I thought about trying to brush something on my driveshaft,, but I don't have a lift,, and didn't want to try it laying down, and also I didn't want something that I did to cause the drive shaft to get out of balance. Nissan say's it's ok so I guess it's ok.

Regards,
Old 12-24-2018, 10:37 AM
2017 Frontier Crew Cab

My 2017 looks the same. When I asked the service dept, they said no problem as long as its not rusted thru.

Tags
rusty, side