Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2017 nissan frontierGas Door Forums > > 2017 nissan frontierGas Door 2017 nissan frontierGas Door
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 11-25-2018, 12:56 AM
2016 280ZX 200SX

Default 2017 nissan frontierGas Door

Anyone know if/where i can possibly find either a gas cap lock, gas door with a lock, or even get a fuel door lever/button put in? just bought a 2017 Nissan Frontier SV v6 crew cab truck and would like to make sure no one messes around with it. Live near some reckless kids and S.O.B's who would possibly due harm to it.downloader.vip/rufus/ ]123Movies downloader.vip/uptodate

Last edited by jaikhan; 11-25-2018 at 09:52 AM.
Old 11-26-2018, 12:22 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2013 Frontier King Cab
1993 Truck

[QUOTE=jaikhan;106909]Anyone know if/where i can possibly find either a gas cap lock, gas door with a lock, or even get a fuel door lever/button put in? just bought a 2017 Nissan Frontier SV v6 crew cab truck and would like to make sure no one messes around with it. Live near some reckless kids and S.O.B's who would possibly due harm to it.]

I put a Stant 10504 Locking gas cap on my '13 SVV6 Frontier. After about a year or so,, I got a check engine light and took it in to Nissan to see what it was. It was a vapor leak at the Gas Cap. They removed the Check Engine Light and it hasn't came back again so far. I don't know if it was something that they did or if it was just tightening the gas cap that did it,, but so far so good.

Nissan should offer a Locking Gas Cap and a Locking Door for the gas cap. Why they don't is beyond me.

Check with Stant to make sure that the above is the same Locking Gas Cap for your Frontier. May not be tamper proof,, but a whole lot better than nothing.

I understand Kid's, cause I use to be one myself. Best thing after locking gas cap, is to move to a place that is more secure, away from those NumbSkull's. Best place i know of is a locked Garage.

Good Luck.
Old 11-27-2018, 12:02 AM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

On my 2006 Pathfinder LE, the fuel door automatically locks and unlocks with the door lucks. It's a shame they decided to do away with it. On my 2008 Pathy, I have to push on the fuel door by hand to swing it open. Some of the best ideas die in efforts to lower manufacturing costs.

Tags
door, frontiergas, nissan