Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
tranny problems Forums > > tranny problems tranny problems
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 09-10-2018, 03:06 PM
Enthusiast
2006 Frontier King Cab
2006 frontier king cab

Default tranny problems

sometimes when i put my transmission in gear it hesitates for a second before going in gear, just from park to drive tho.
Old 09-12-2018, 09:13 AM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Do you have the v6? If so, are you aware of the problem with the transmission cooler failures inside the lower radiator tank and have made measures to prevent the problem on your truck, by either bypassing it or replacing the radiator? If not, check the transmission fluid for signs of coolant contamination and the engine coolant for signs of oil (transmission fluid) contamination. Are there any stored powertrain codes?
Old 09-12-2018, 09:30 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2013 Frontier King Cab
1993 Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverghost1 View Post
sometimes when i put my transmission in gear it hesitates for a second before going in gear, just from park to drive tho.
Silver,

Do as SMJ Advises and also check the ATF Level useing the prescribed method in the Nissan Frontier Factory Service Manual.

You can download the Nissan Factory Manual for 9 $'s from Reliable-Store.com; That's where I got mine from and for 9 $'s the Price Is Right.

Once you have the PDF Version,, you can make a folder on your Desktop and downlad the PDF file's to that Folder. Once you have the File's loaded to the New Folder,, then you can Burn those file's to a CD and you'll have a permanent copy of the Nissan Frontier Factory Service Manual.

Tags
problems, tranny