Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Asking for help adding auto headlight feature. Forums > > Asking for help adding auto headlight feature. Asking for help adding auto headlight feature.
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 09-06-2018, 01:52 PM
2017 Frontier King Cab
2018 Frontier SV4X4

Default Asking for help adding auto headlight feature.

I would like help adding Automatic Headlights to my 2018 Frontier SV4X4 King Cab.

I have a 2018 Frontier SV4X4 King Cab and I want to ADD the Headlight /Foglight /turn combo switch. I've seen several "combo" switches with the "AUTO" headlight option with the FOG LIGHT option on Ebay for ~$40.

After reading the technical manual for a 2018 Frontier, I see that the only "additional" components for the "AUTO" headlight function is a sunlight sensor and the AUTOHeadlight /Foglight /turn combo switch.

Here's my question:
Can anyone tell me if I ADD the AUTOHeadlight /Foglight /turn combo switch, and add the sunlight sensor to the harness, does the BCM need to be reprogrammed? The dealer wants me to pay $875 plus $185 "programming" fee, but all I see that needs to be physically done is adding the Headlight /Foglight /turn combo switch and adding the sunlight sensor.

Any help here?
Attached Thumbnails
Asking for help adding auto headlight feature.-wrongfog-jpg   Asking for help adding auto headlight feature.-correctfog-jpg  

Last edited by William Bello; 09-06-2018 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Adding jpg picture
Old 11-23-2018, 06:05 PM
2017 Frontier King Cab
2018 Frontier SV4X4

worthless forum

Tags
adding, auto, feature, headlight