Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
wiring the 7 pin trailer female plug. Forums > > wiring the 7 pin trailer female plug. wiring the 7 pin trailer female plug.
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 08-14-2018, 02:38 PM
Enthusiast
2006 Frontier King Cab
2006 frontier king cab

Default wiring the 7 pin trailer female plug.

i bought the trailer wiring harness from nissan and installed and it worked fine once. came home unhooked everything and went inside. came out the next day and my plug was missing. i said a few words questioned parentage and told whoever stole it to call there mama out from under the front porch. after i calmed down i called the dealer and was told the plug would cost 70 bucks, that was more than i paid for the whole trailer harness. is there a way to hook up a plug end without having to get reamed at the dealer. i can buy an end real cheap and cut the wires and attach it to the end but i need a wiring diagram of the wires where they plug into the truck harness in the back. i tried googling it and it gave me everything but what i needed. help.
Old 08-16-2018, 05:56 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2004 Frontier King Cab
1998 Pathfinder
1998 Frontier

Match up to what you had, or what your trailer male plug is. See https://www.etrailer.com/dept.aspx?f...sort=-sb-Price not expensive. I've wired these up before, I wouldn't trust printed color codes, feel it's better to test your snipped wires and draw up your own diagram, that's easy with a DC voltmeter/multimeter or a DC test light.

I'd use solder and heat shrink tubing to connect the wires if you need to extend them, like they snipped them back too far. Amazing to steal a $10 retail connector.

Tags
female, pin, plug, trailer, wiring