Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Air bag indicator blinking Forums > > Air bag indicator blinking Air bag indicator blinking
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 03-17-2018, 04:21 PM
2003 Frontier

Default Air bag indicator blinking

I have reviewed and tried several utube processes as well as the forum explanation on utilizing the ignition switch to reset the airbag light. None have worked. The cause, I am sure was removing the drivers side seatbelt and sending it to Safety Restore for a rebuild. Not blaming them, just trying to get the problem solved. The truck was operated while the seat belt was away which no doubt signaled the computer that it was not connected. When I tried the reset process and at the end, the light would flash 3 times and then flash continuously. Is it possible that the 3 flashes are telling us a code, or do I need to find another process to clear it?
Old 03-18-2018, 07:48 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

You could just disconnect the car battery for about 30-60 minutes. If there are no problems, then the light will reset, if the problem still exists then the light will come back ON.
Old 03-18-2018, 08:47 PM
2003 Frontier

Default 2003 Frontier air bag light

Thank you for your response, I will try your suggestion tomorrow and hope it works.
Lee
Old 03-21-2018, 03:37 PM
2003 Frontier

Default Nissan Frontier Air Bag flashing light

Thanks to all who have responded to my dilemma. As yet, the suggestions have not created a cure.
May I ask if the number of times (3) that it flashes before going to constant flashing have some bearing on the location/type of problem?

Lee
Old 03-24-2018, 11:57 AM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Code three is for the passenger seat pre-tensioner circuit malfunction. You should really consult the 2003 Frontier "SRS" section in the factory service manual. Nico Club's site has free, downloadable factory manuals available at their site. It'll tell you how to do the self-diagnostic procedure without a Nissan Consult scant tool and will give the diagnostic procedures for the codes you may get.
Old 03-24-2018, 12:06 PM
2003 Frontier

Wow, Thanks!
I'll give it a shot.
Lee

Tags
air, bag, blinking, indicator