Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Odd AC Issue Forums > > Odd AC Issue Odd AC Issue
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 09-25-2008, 01:12 PM
ELIAS_COLIMA

My a/c problem is a bit different,

my truck is a frontier crew cab 2005 le 4x4
about three weeks ago it started acting funny, because sometimes it wouldn't even come on, and i mean not even plain air would come out, nothing at all. So i had to lower the windows and adapt to this shit, an dlater on i would try it again and all of a sudden nice and cool air would come out like it was working perfectly fine. So it keep doing that for about a week and now it just doesnt work at all.
I checked the fuse box thats located next to the glove compartment and they were ok, then i checked the fuse box under the hood and they were ok.

Any ideas????
Old 09-20-2010, 08:31 PM
johnsnook

I am having the same problem with ac not working sometimes on my 2001 Frontier. From what I have read around the net, the problem could be the thermal control amplifier. That part is behind the glove box, and inside the plastic box that covers the evap coil. They say that it's hard to get to without breaking the cover to the coil. You can only open it just a little in order to get the part out and new one back in, and you have to be careful. I am having another problem also. Yesterday I went to a car wash and as I went thru, soap suds came out of the ac vents. Could it be that my ac problem is due to hot air coming in thru the vents ?

Last edited by johnsnook; 09-20-2010 at 08:36 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 11:46 AM
2000 Frontier Crew Cab

I don't know about the vents but you are right about the thermal control amplifier. You can pull down the evaporator cover just enough to get to it. No need to try and remove the whole thing. The amplifier just sticks in the fins. It has been a year now since I fixed mine and I haven't had a lick of trouble from it.
Old 06-22-2011, 07:52 AM
hindi1973

Default 370z

i was searching online to find a solution for my370z , no one helped me and noone had the issue i had , ihave a 370z and the ac does the same thing mentioned in the cars in this page its crazy i stop it goes hot i go faster it goes cold i shift into gearsit goes hot again i drive on the high way it goes cold , i tried everything , thermostate change, flush,upgraded CSF radiator for our really hot weather in the middle east, filled up ferion gas, checked for leaks, checked that their was no extra air in the radiator and alot of different stuff and the problem stilll happens, i dont know wht do anymore so when i read about your jeeps i was like finally someone can feel my pain , i am not sure if its ok to share about a 370z in a jeeps forum but i just wana share my problem and my anger that i have to shower 100 times a day from driving in this car . thanks alll

Tags
issue, odd