Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2016 Frontier King cab backup camera Forums > > 2016 Frontier King cab backup camera 2016 Frontier King cab backup camera
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 08-13-2016, 10:43 PM
2016 Frontier King Cab

Unhappy 2016 Frontier King cab backup camera

I am looking for a schematic or pin out diagram for the radio(XM radio w/video display) in a 2016 Frontier king cab without the navigation option. My truck did not have an OEM backup camera. I am trying to install an after market camera. None of the installation shops in my area can figure out the connections. The 2016 is different from the 2015, even the camera manufacturer (Metra) does not have the information needed.
Old 09-12-2019, 12:15 PM
2015 Frontier Crew Cab
2015 Frontier Crew Cab

Did you ever find out an answer to your question? I have a 2015 Crew Cab SV V6 and it did not come with a BU camera. I want to add one but unless I pay to have the dash removed and radio looked at no one can tell if the factory radio on my truck has a port for a camera. Guess the government started requiring a BU camera in 2015 but my truck was manufactured in Sept. 2014, so not sure if the radio has the port and they didn't install it or it doesn't have the necessary port. I hate to pay to have the dash taken out to only find out there is a port, after I buy a new radio system. My OEM radio, has BT, XM, 5" screen, Media button (iPod connection in the console) but no navigation.
Old 09-21-2019, 06:39 PM
2016 Frontier King Cab

Default 2016 Frontier Backup Camera

Never found an answer. I ended up buying a camera and a separate pop up monitor. The monitor fits in the inset on top of the dash, right above the radio. DO NOT buy the monitor that pops up automatically when the truck is put into reverse. Conflicting trigger signals cause it to pop up at odd times.
Old 09-21-2019, 07:36 PM
2015 Frontier Crew Cab
2015 Frontier Crew Cab

Thanks! I really do not want the separate monitor so will probably just pay to have it looked at to see if the port is on the current radio...if not will have a new radio installed with a BU camera.

Tags
2016, backup, cab, camera, frontier, king