Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
squeaky suspension Forums > > squeaky suspension squeaky suspension
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 09-12-2010, 11:13 AM
07xowner

same prob on my o7 Xterra, rubber hood stoppers were to blame. gave em a twist and seems to have solved the problem
Old 04-08-2012, 03:55 PM
2008 Xterra

Found similar squeak with rattle on my 2008 Nissan Xterra at 35k miles - Noticed shinny steel on hood portion of hood catch.

Adjusted hood stops so that hood would not rattle when pushed on lightly or when car door is slammed shut then cleaned and lubed hood latch and catch. Placed Gorilla tape on stop's and where stop's rest on both sides of engine compartment as well as in the middle of hood next to catch. The rattle was gone, but still had a slight squeak.

Double wrapped hood portion of hood lock catch with Gorilla tape for a nice solid catch and no rattling. Adjustment and tape wrap seemed to have gotten rid of annoying squeak. Will probably need to change tape on catch frequently.

Last edited by michaelmo; 04-08-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:00 AM
1995 Truck

I just posted the cause of the squeak on my 95 SE pickup truck check it out at this thread "suspension noise - driver's side - when turning left"

Old 05-16-2012, 07:38 PM
2008 Frontier Crew Cab

I just registered to say thank you for the fix to the squeak! I bought a very low mileage 2008 4x4 crew cab Frontier four days ago. After 137 miles, the squeaking started. The rubber bumbers were the issue. In my case, I needed to set the two outside bumpers as low as they would go and the center bumper at maximum. Squeak gone...awesome truck...couldn't be happier.
Old 02-23-2016, 08:09 AM
2006 Frontier Crew Cab
2008 Altima Sedan

Smile squeaky suspension

I just fixed my squeak on my '06 Frontier! It was at low speed (20-30 mph), when I turned left, or sometimes driving strait with bumps. I followed the hints on a few blogs and started with checking the tailgate and other body part movement. I could not duplicate it while stationary.
Under the hood I lubed the hinges, but the real cause that I duplicated the sound was the rubber bumpers for the hood. They were hard and the impact point was polished and just with my finger I could rub and duplicate the sound. To check this I just added two felt pads to these impact points and the squeak was gone! I think adjusting the bumpers may be a temp fix and the best solution would be to get softer rubber bumpers.
Old 12-18-2017, 07:02 PM
1996 Maxima
2006 Frontier

Default Squeak

I too have been hunting for the squeak on my 2006 King Cab Frontier. Squirted Silicon lube, white grease,...on everything I could find on the chassis to no avail. Finally I checked on this forum where someone posted it may be the hood rubber posts. It was!!! I expect that just about anything you do to change the interface would stop the problem, but I just glued three rubber disks cut from a bicycle inner tube where the rubber stops meet the radiator support and the problem went away! Thanks!!
Old 02-10-2018, 09:37 AM
2007 Frontier King Cab

I just bought a 2007 Nismo. During the test drive it was quiet as a mouse. A couple days later it started squeaking like crazy! Sounded like some ole heap going down the road and all my neighbors would look over at me going by...embarrassing! White grease and 10W40 and an hour later with spray all over and grease dripping....still squeaked like I hadn't spent any time with it. Couldn't locate it cause it sounded like it was coming from all over the truck. A friend of mine who used to work for Nissan told me about the bushings that were used in the Nismo's at least weren't rubber but neoprene and they had that squeaking problem even thought they were in decent shape.

Decided it was cheaper and easier to just change the lower control arm than mess with getting the bushings out. Only took a couple hours and no more squeak!

Tags
squeaky, suspension