Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Do I have a cabin filter in my 2003 Frontier XE? Forums > > Do I have a cabin filter in my 2003 Frontier XE? Do I have a cabin filter in my 2003 Frontier XE?
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 04-11-2016, 08:17 PM
2003 Frontier King Cab

Question Do I have a cabin filter in my 2003 Frontier XE?

I have seen other threads on this and followed them. I removed the glove box and found the blower assembly.
But mine doesn't seem to have a replaceable filter. I will try to attach a pic to show this.
Is there a filter hidden somewhere else?
Attached Thumbnails
Do I have a cabin filter in my 2003 Frontier XE?-2003nissanblower-jpg  
Old 04-13-2016, 07:09 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

You don't have one now, but you can have one, if you want to. The evaporator case was meant to install one, if one wishes. I just installed one on my 03 Frontier SVE. You have to cut out (carefully) the plastic rectangle just above the tab for the retaining clip, which you can see plainly in your photo on the side of the box, using a box cutter. Be careful not to let the plastic drop into the evaporator case or it will take a little doing to fish it out. Since your truck has been operating for 13 years without a cabin filter, you will likely find some debris at the bottom of the box and on the core. You can try to vacuum out as much as you can (or try to pull it out with long needle nose pliers). The first filter slides in and mounts against the top and then you install the bottom filter and the retaining clip. Some filter kits will come with the clip and some don't. In my case, I didn't have the clip, so I used a small tie strap to secure the tab on the bottom of the lower filter to the tab on the side of the box. Some kits will have instructions on the procedure and you can probably find some videos on YouTube.

Tags
2003, cabin, filter, frontier