Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Issue Forums > > Issue Issue
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 02-21-2016, 01:42 PM
2011 Frontier Crew Cab

Default Issue

I have a 2011 Nissan Frontier SV 4WD. Last night I noticed that my truck would go into limp mode when I tried to Accelerate and that it would get over 3000 RPM's. The truck would get up to 60 mph, but again the acceleration wouldn't get past 3000 rpm. Usually when you truck accelerate, it is suppose to accelerate up to 5000 rpm or to 6000 rpm when you get on it. Again last night I could punch the gas pedal and it wouldn't get past 3000 rpm. It done this off and own last night and at most of the time the truck would accelerate at normal acceleration. It has done this before but would never throw a check engine light. I took it to a parts store today and they put their scanner on it and no code was found, not even a hidden code. Has anyone else had this problem and if so what would be the issue? I don't want to have to take it to the dealership and pay out the butt for a diag if there isn't a code being thrown. Hopefully this isn't the start of transmission problems, even though I am under warranty still.
Old 02-21-2016, 02:00 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

Talk to Service Manager at Nissan dealer and discuss your issue. If you can get transmission diagnosis claim under your warranty.
Old 02-21-2016, 02:04 PM
2011 Frontier Crew Cab

I will go by tomorrow and talk with them. Thanks!!!
Old 02-10-2018, 10:06 AM
2007 Frontier King Cab

Mine was a battery that was about to die. Would turn over the engine and start but I couldn't get it to go but 20 mph. The next day my battery was dead. Wouldn't take a charge so I put a new battery in it but also found that my alternator was bad. Replaced it and no more problems.

Tags
issue