Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Wind Noise 2014 Frontier Desert Runner Forums > > Wind Noise 2014 Frontier Desert Runner Wind Noise 2014 Frontier Desert Runner
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 11-16-2015, 12:05 PM
2014 Frontier King Cab

Default Wind Noise 2014 Frontier Desert Runner

Cant find much info on this problem. Anyone have any insight? My 2014 Nissan Frontier King Cab Desert Runner has wind noise coming from the passenger side rear cab. It is so loud that at 70mph its tough to hear the radio. Here's the kicker. When I turn on the Recirculation button, the noise abates. So not a problem when the air conditioner is on in recirculation mode. But it wont allow recirculation mode with the heater on (carbon monoxide safety I guess). I've checked the door and window seals. They are ok. Could it be a problem with air vent wind speed? I don't know if I have a cabin filter in the system. Would installing a filter be a solution? Anyone else experience this? Thanks
Old 11-16-2015, 07:51 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2013 Frontier King Cab
1993 Truck

Kerrie,

I've got a '13 SVV6 KC, and mine is quiet as a mouse @ 70 MPH. Mine didn't come with an Air filter, but I installed one shortly after I got my Truck. But with or without an Air Filter made no difference; My truck has alway's been very quiet.

Probly should make an appointment with the Nissan Master Tech, and go for a ride @ Interstate Speed so that he can hear the wind noise.

Might be a simple thing of doing a Door Adjustment.

I've heard of other's talking about Wind Noise, but I was impressed with how quiet my Truck was @ Interstate Speed; Much quieter than the '93 KC Hardbody that I had.

Schedule an Appointment, and hopefully they'll get you Squared away.

Good Luck
Old 07-26-2018, 02:40 PM
2016 Frontier King Cab

Default HI - Have you resolved the wind noise? I am the same issue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerrie View Post
Cant find much info on this problem. Anyone have any insight? My 2014 Nissan Frontier King Cab Desert Runner has wind noise coming from the passenger side rear cab. It is so loud that at 70mph its tough to hear the radio. Here's the kicker. When I turn on the Recirculation button, the noise abates. So not a problem when the air conditioner is on in recirculation mode. But it wont allow recirculation mode with the heater on (carbon monoxide safety I guess). I've checked the door and window seals. They are ok. Could it be a problem with air vent wind speed? I don't know if I have a cabin filter in the system. Would installing a filter be a solution? Anyone else experience this? Thanks
HI - Have you resolved the wind noise? I am the same issue! Thx

Tags
2014, desert, frontier, noise, runner, wind