Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
2007 Frontier v6 4x4 all of a sudden fluctuating water temp Forums > > 2007 Frontier v6 4x4 all of a sudden fluctuating water temp 2007 Frontier v6 4x4 all of a sudden fluctuating water temp
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 11-13-2015, 05:42 AM
2007 Frontier King Cab

Default 2007 Frontier v6 4x4 all of a sudden fluctuating water temp

Ive had issues with cold air at idle with the heater on for a few years, last year i let the engine run while on an incline, and thought that helped, but it was near the end of winter, so maybe i didnt test it long enough. But here it is getting cooler outside, and same thing, except now the water temp guage is swinging from normal to 3/4 hot, but only on the highway.

not sure if i have air somewhere, a failing thermostat, or clogged rad? never flushed the rad before, 2007, 200k miles. shame on me, i know...
Old 11-13-2015, 11:24 PM
2019 Sentra
2002 Altima

Could be a failing cooling fan working intermittently.
Old 11-17-2015, 09:02 AM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

A failing cooling fan would only be an issue at idle and low speeds; at highway speeds, there is sufficient airflow naturally forced through the A/C condenser and radiator cores to provide sufficient cooling without the fan. You should make sure there is no blockage of airflow through the cores, such as a build-up of leaves between or in front of the cores, or bent over core fins. Nissan thermostats usually fail stuck "open," but anything's possible. Obviously, make sure the coolant level is not too low. Check your coolant and transmission fluid for cross-contamination, as 2007 was prone to cooler failure, allowing the engine coolant to mix with the transmission fluid.
Old 12-30-2015, 12:17 PM
2006 Frontier King Cab

I have and 06' Frontier KC V6.

I had intermittent overheating, dealer told me it was a leaking radiator, out of warranty, $1000.00

My mechanic found a bad o-ring on the the radiator cap. This led to the system not keep up the proper amount of pressure up to circulate properly. $10.00 later I was fine.

Just something to look into

Tags
2007, 4x4, fluctuating, frontier, sudden, temp, water