Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
passenger side water in the floorboard. Forums > > passenger side water in the floorboard. passenger side water in the floorboard.
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 07-29-2013, 12:27 PM
2007 Frontier King Cab

Default passenger side water in the floorboard.

i seen the fix according to NTB07-091 for replacing the condensate line, but im confused as to the step 5 "reinstall the A/C drain hose". Is there anything being threaded further up inside past the firewall into the drip pan? or is this 1 1/4" hose section the only thing really being done here? if so, i dont understand how this is a fix, im missing something not shown in the instructions. It was my understanding that the initial problem was the drain hose was not long enough and an extension was needed to reach further inside the condensate pan. Am i wrong?
Old 07-29-2013, 09:43 PM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

In step 2, you remove the factory drain hose. In step 4, you install the new section of hose as described. In step 5, you re-install the factory hose that you removed in step 2 over the new hose.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:25 AM
2007 Frontier King Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by smj999smj View Post
In step 2, you remove the factory drain hose. In step 4, you install the new section of hose as described. In step 5, you re-install the factory hose that you removed in step 2 over the new hose.
is step 2 only dealing with the external hose? the one outside the firewall? there is nothing that i am extending inside the through the firewall to the condensate pan?
Old 07-30-2013, 12:11 PM
2007 Frontier King Cab

im wondering if mine isnt plugged up because i dont see any dripping out to the ground. ive looked around that well, but i wonder if the external drip line hangs down far enough that i might get a air hose to it and try blowing it out. This all started when a flash flood almost caught me while at a friends apartment complex. i drove out just in time but the water was about ankle deep while sitting in the truck! so im wondering if some debris or something clogged it up. if i can find the end of the drop hose i will try to blow it out.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:18 AM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbyte View Post
is step 2 only dealing with the external hose? the one outside the firewall? there is nothing that i am extending inside the through the firewall to the condensate pan?
From the factory, there is only the external hose (shown in step 2). The bulletin instructs to purchase Nissan hose #14099-30P02 and modify it as instructed in the bulletin. Then, this hose is attached to the evaporator case drain (which extends further into the engine compartment) and the original hose (removed in step 2) is re-installed (over the new hose). The TSB is pretty self-explanatory.

Tags
floorboard, passenger, side, water