Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
VSS wire location for 2004 Frontier King Cab SE, 4-cylinder, 5 speed Forums > > VSS wire location for 2004 Frontier King Cab SE, 4-cylinder, 5 speed VSS wire location for 2004 Frontier King Cab SE, 4-cylinder, 5 speed
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 01-15-2013, 10:32 AM
Tech Enthusiast
2004 Frontier King Cab
1998 Pathfinder
1998 Frontier

Default VSS wire location for 2004 Frontier King Cab SE, 4-cylinder, 5 speed

2004 Frontier King Cab SE, 4-cylinder, 5 speed. This does not have factory cruise control, and I'd like to add an aftermarket unit. So far I can't seem to locate the VSS wire to tap into for the signal for the cruise control unit; I saw in the service manual that it should be a green wire with black stripe. Can you please direct me exactly where to find this wire? Thanks a bunch.
Old 01-25-2013, 03:36 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2004 Frontier King Cab
1998 Pathfinder
1998 Frontier

Does anyone know this? I've PM'd two on this board who call themselves "Nissan Master Techs", and they haven't responded, so they apparently don't know either !!!

I looked again at the ECM under the dash console and couldn't find it, and the wiring harness is so tight there anyway.

I might have to pull the instrument cluster and look behind that.
Old 02-02-2013, 01:10 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2004 Frontier King Cab
1998 Pathfinder
1998 Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusser View Post
Does anyone know this? I've PM'd two on this board who call themselves "Nissan Master Techs", and they haven't responded, so they apparently don't know either !!!

I looked again at the ECM under the dash console and couldn't find it, and the wiring harness is so tight there anyway.

I might have to pull the instrument cluster and look behind that.

I guess nobody, including the Nissan Master techs, knew this.

So I'll provide my own solution, reached today. You can tap into the green/black VSS wire (Vehicle Speed Sensor) after pulling the instrument cluster rearward, it's on the right hand side of the cluster, at the top. I soldered a jumper wire to this while I was in there, to use for future aftermarket cruise control installation.

There's also a cam for the cruise control and bracket already built into the throttle body (under the air cleaner).