Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
08 Frontier Bluetooth handsfree problems Forums > > 08 Frontier Bluetooth handsfree problems 08 Frontier Bluetooth handsfree problems
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 12-15-2011, 05:43 PM
2008 Frontier Crew Cab

Default 08 Frontier Bluetooth handsfree problems

I hope someone out there is a Nissan Electronics whiz! My iphone no longer works with the bluetooth handsfree device that came with my 2008 Frontier. The problem started when I updated the iphone to their latest software ios 5. The phone continually connects and disconnects from the handsfree system constantly, making a conversation impossible.

I've borrowed friends phones and they all connect to my handsfree system find, and they have NOT done this upgraded ios 5.

I have spent hours with apple techs and they insist that the problem is not with the iphone, it's the fact that their new ios 5 software has a newer version of bluetooth than the truck can handle. They told me the dealer should be able to "update" the bluetooth system to solve the problem.

I took the truck to the dealer and they don't have a clue. They say it can't be updated.

Does anyone have an idea? I'm beginning to think I either need to buy a new truck if I want a newer Iphone to work in it
Old 12-15-2011, 08:03 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Unfortunately I haven't had that problem problem and I'm not sure what the solution could be, but you should contact Nissan Consumers Affairs, there is a section just for problem with Bluetooth.

Nissan Bluetooth | Customer Service | Nissan USA

I know there is a problem with the charging system, there is a bulletin for that: Knowledgebase - 2008 Frontier - Nissanhelp.com Forums
Old 12-16-2011, 03:34 PM
2015 Rogue

It's a known issue with IOS5. The only fix I know of right now is to downgrage back to 4.
You can try deleting the phone and then try pairing again. It has worked with some other phones in the past.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 12-17-2011, 02:00 PM
2008 Frontier Crew Cab

Default Thanks

Thanks guys for the response. I just spent an hour down at the Apple Store. They gave me a new Iphone 4 but unfortunately it did not solve the problem either. He suggested contacting Nissan but now I see your response that it's a known issue with Nissan? Are they doing anything about it?
Old 12-17-2011, 04:55 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisco811 View Post
Thanks guys for the response. I just spent an hour down at the Apple Store. They gave me a new Iphone 4 but unfortunately it did not solve the problem either. He suggested contacting Nissan but now I see your response that it's a known issue with Nissan? Are they doing anything about it?
It's not a Nissan problem. It affects several bluetooth devices. If you do a google search fot IOS5 bluetooth issues you will find that alot of people are having issues. Doesn't matter what kind of car it is.
Old 07-20-2018, 01:35 PM
Enthusiast
2006 Frontier King Cab
2006 frontier king cab

will a Bluetooth radio out of a 08 fit in my 06?

Tags
bluetooth, frontier, handsfree, problems