Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Move back the bed... Forums > > Move back the bed... Move back the bed...
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 05-19-2011, 04:54 AM
frontierplus

Default Move back the bed...

Hi,

Quick question.

On a 2010 Frontier King Cab 4X2, Can anyone tell me how much forward/rearward movement does the mount of the bed to the chassis allow?

In order to properly install a particular bed cover, I need to move the bed back just a little, less than a half inch. I don't want to loosen up the bolts and THEN find out there is no movement allowed.

Thanks.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:44 AM
Master Enthusiast
2005 Frontier Crew Cab Frontier Crew Cab
05 nissan frontier

There are none.Take a quick look and you will see only 4 bolts that hold it in place.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:56 PM
frontierplus

Default Update

I went through the Service Manual (SM) and found information on the number of bolts, their locations, and their torque settings, but no reference to amount of forward/rearward mounting tolerance. So I went under there to fetch the rest of the answer to my own question and this is what I found:

- There are six (6) bolts that hold the bed to the chassis on the 2010 Frontier King Cab 4X2 with standard bed.

- These bolts go each through an oversize hole that allows for some adjustment capability for alignment purposes.

- The potential amount of movement seems to be a total of under 1/4", so the tolerance would then be under +/- 1/8" from a nominal center (it may be a metric value so these figures are an approximation).

- Further movement would require modification to the factory mounting configuration (i.e. elongating the hole, repositioning the pads, etc.) and that would have its own set of factors and ramifications to be considered.

Although I have answered my own question, I post this in case anybody else needs to know.

Thanks.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:23 AM
brianx22

Interesting. I have a tonneau cover on my truck that almost butts right up against the rear of the cab where it meets the bed. If i could move the bed back a bit, it might help when installing/removing it. Thanks for the post!
Old 05-22-2011, 05:10 AM
frontierplus

You're welcome.

The one I installed is the DiamondBack SE in black and it looks quite good. I put it on my wife's new truck, a 2010 Frontier King Cab, and she loves it.

I don't have any pictures to post but below is a link that shows what it looks like:

DiamondBack SE Truck Bed Covers - Folding, diamond plate aluminum, and more features : DiamondBack Truck Covers

At her request, there were other "enhancements" I made to her truck:

Cruise control (Rostra)
Bug deflector (VentShade)
Tinted front windows to match factory-tinted rear (local provider)
Towing ball, 4-way trailer wiring harness, and cover (NAPA and Advanced Auto Parts)
Tow hook for front (Nissan)
Second child-carrier-compatible seat in the rear and L.A.T.C.H bracket (Nissan)
Dual Vanity mirrors with extensible shades (Nissan)
Cabin air filters (believe it or not, it didn't come with them) (NAPA)
Service Manual (nissanhelp.com)
License plate frame (Advanced Auto Parts)

If any of the above interests you, or have questions, just holler' back.

Tags
back, bed, move