Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
airbag light started flashing Forums > > airbag light started flashing airbag light started flashing
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 01-03-2011, 07:33 PM
windinhair2000

Default airbag light started flashing

I have a 1996 truck XE that I took to the Quick lube for an oli change and when i went to leave the airbag light was flashing. I forgot to tell them I had a remote start and you have to push a button on the key ring before it will start. They were wiggling wires at the battery and I don't know where else. So now they are stumped and so am I. What is the trick for this model? Thanks
Old 01-03-2011, 08:23 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Try disconnecting the car battery for about 30 minutes to reset the light. If the light comes back ON, then there is probably a problem with one of the airbags or sensors and you should get a scanner to read the codes.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:19 AM
windinhair2000

Sorry i forgot to mention that they did use a scanner to check for codes and it came back zero. If the battery is disconnected will this interfer with the remote start? I would hate to find out that the remote start has some code and then I have to track that issue down, although that is another issue all in itself. I had the brakes replaced and the remote start quit working and all I have left is push the button before you start it manually. Thanks
Old 01-07-2011, 10:57 PM
Mattathesis

There is also a fix you can do to reset the airbag computer. I had to reset mine when mine began flashing. The reset is safe to do because if the computer continues to detect an error it will not allow a reset. I am not certain I remember how to do this correctly, but it involves turning the ignition off and on I believe 5 times. Turn the ignition key to the on position where airbag light becomes lit. Turn the ignition off as soon as the airbag light flashes one time. Count one patato, two patato to the count of 5 patato. Turn ignition to on until airbag light flashes just as you did before. Repeating the on again off again, count to five, for a total of 5 times. After the fifth time leave ignition off. Airbag light should flash then turn off. If reset is good airbag light should funtion as normal. If this does not work for you, I may have been mistaken in one of the steps. Search this forum or clubfrontier.org 1st generation trucks using the "airbag light flashes" as your search word.

Last edited by Mattathesis; 01-07-2011 at 11:08 PM.

Tags
1996 truck, airbag light flashing