Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Japanese Frontier/Navara TD25Ti 2001 from Brazil Forums > > Japanese Frontier/Navara TD25Ti 2001 from Brazil Japanese Frontier/Navara TD25Ti 2001 from Brazil
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 09-02-2010, 11:32 AM
XpKb

Default Japanese Frontier/Navara TD25Ti 2001 from Brazil

My truck recently began expelling a huge plume of white smoke while descending a hill, at 3.000 rpm, a couple of seconds after taking my foot off the accelerator, and slight irregularity on very light throttle application while trying to maintain a constant RPM. Only thing I noticed was that a nearly installed air filter was coated with oil (?), and no signs of oil consumption. After checking all hoses, turbo/intercooler for signs of oil, oil consumption, my mechanic found out that the fuel filter was densely clogged. After changing this, the problem persisted, having him take the fuel injectors out and cleaning them (he said they were awfully dirty, squirting diesel instead of sraying it). The problem persists, and now I notice that, after 2000 rpm, a hum appears and shadows the turbine whine commonly heared on this kind of truck. The engine cranks instanly, no smoke comes out at idle or during acceleration, but, even without accelerating (i.e. while coasting, there's this "hum" above 2000rpm. Any ideas? Oh, I never adjusted the valves, could it be this also? My mechanic says no, there are no signs or sounds of valve lash.
Specs: 2001 Nissan AX 2.5 TDi w/ top of engine intercooler, Hitachi turbo, cross-flow, mechanical fuel injection pump, butterfly valve after intercooler/before intake manifold, and so on.
Any clues? Long story, don't want to take it to the Nissan dealer, of course.

Thanks

Tags
2001, brazil, frontier or navara, japanese, td25ti