Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Fuel pump relay  2001 Nissan frontier 6cyl SE 2x4 Forums > > Fuel pump relay  2001 Nissan frontier 6cyl SE 2x4 Fuel pump relay 2001 Nissan frontier 6cyl SE 2x4
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 12-30-2006, 02:01 PM
kimmie 923

Wink Fuel pump relay 2001 Nissan frontier 6cyl SE 2x4

:) I need help here guys.... I have replaced the (brand new) fuel pump in the truck (rear) and is still not fixed. Still no gas getting to the pump, the truck will turn over (battery is fine) but we can not hear the fuel pump working at all so that left us with the fuel pump relay.....only big problem here is we can not find the fuel relay in the truck anywhere and have spent the whole day looking for it...no luck.... Could someone tell us where it is located and how to look for it. (has new fuel filter also) We're stumped.

Is the fuel pump relay behind the fuse box under the dash or around the engine compartment, or in the fuse box and if so which fuse is it. #

2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SE 6 cyl 2x4 , not 4x4

We are so close to fixing the probo~

Kimmie
Old 12-30-2006, 05:12 PM
2015 Rogue

When you replaced the fuel pump did you also replace the fuel sending unit. They are known for corrosion in the connector for the fuel pump. This will cause the pump not to run. There was a recall for this on the 4wd model. I am not sure if it the same on the 2wd model because we don't sell them here in upstate new york.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:04 PM
vigildj

Default 2001 Nissan Frontier Fuel Relay

Ok - but where is the relay located? I have a 2001 4WD SC and I am having problems too. I want to replace the relay FIRST and then if I have to replace the pump I will spend the money. But I can not find it to replace it. Is it behind the shield for the fuel filter? PLEASE HELP!

Can the sending unit malfunction cause the pump to deliver less than expected fuel supply - or will it just cause the pump to not work at all?

Anxious!
Old 08-31-2009, 05:12 PM
Master Enthusiast
1997 Altima
1995 Sentra
1995 Nissan sentra

The fule pump relay if not located in the engine compartment in the relay box, it is in the fuse box inside the pas compartment. I will get the exact location for. I will repost.
If it is any help never had to replace the relay on this model. Most of the issues is with tsending unit ot the wires. U should check to see if it has 12 volts to the fuel pump for 3 sec when the key is turned on. this will tell U if the relay is operational. And yes it can send partial voltage to the pump to only allow it to operate waek.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:47 PM
vigildj

Default 2001 Nissan Frontier Fuel Problem

Thanks so much. I will look into the sending unit! (I heard there was a recall on those sending units) Sounds like I may be saving some money afterall - I hope.

My symtums are 1. the truck just died in the middle of the freeway - 5 minutes later it started back up and ran for another day. 2. The next 40 mile trip it did the same thing. 3. The next day it died after 20 miles and then 300 yards later it died again and then never really started again after that - just getting enough gas to LUG a little. Had to have my Nissan towed - only 108 K miles on it.

D
Old 08-31-2009, 07:07 PM
Master Enthusiast
1997 Altima
1995 Sentra
1995 Nissan sentra

sounds like sending unit
Old 08-31-2009, 07:13 PM
vigildj

Thanks very much that is what I will pursue....I will check that voltage...
Old 08-01-2010, 10:24 PM
KWS

does anybody know where that relay is on 2001 dessert runner 2x4 xe?
Old 08-11-2010, 10:58 PM
Gen3Benz

Fuel pump relay is under the dash on drivers side
It has 4 wires going into it, white/black and white/red and i cant remember the other two.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:35 PM
2001 Frontier King Cab

Default Same problem.. Gas doesn't get to engine

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM, CAN I RESET THE RELAY OR I NEED TO CHANGE IT?? ... THE SENDER OF GAS IS OTHER PART BESIDE THE GAS PUMP ??? HOW CAN I TEST EACH ONE ??? ... PLEASE HELP ANYONE ......

Tags
2001, 2x4, 6cyl, frontier, fuel, nissan, pump, relay