Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
05 Oxygen Sensor Wiring Forums > > 05 Oxygen Sensor Wiring 05 Oxygen Sensor Wiring
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 09-27-2009, 08:44 AM
ARfronty

Default 05 Oxygen Sensor Wiring

So I hit a medium size dog the other day (poor thing). Problem I have now that the dog somehow ripped my plug off the O2 sensor. Plug from ECM is still there but the plug from the O2 sensor is gone. All wires are intact but i just can't figure out which goes where. Anyone out there able to help me? Maybe even take a picture if the passenger side set-up? Thanks in advance.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

I'm not sure what you need to do. The O2 sensor connector is there, but the wires were ripped from the O2 sensor connector?

Which O2 sensor? do you have a VQ (6 cyl) or QR (4) engine?
Old 09-27-2009, 09:53 AM
ARfronty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanTech View Post
I'm not sure what you need to do. The O2 sensor connector is there, but the wires were ripped from the O2 sensor connector?

Which O2 sensor? do you have a VQ (6 cyl) or QR (4) engine?
VQ engine and the sensor is located on the passenger side front right behind the tire. The connector coming from ecu ? is intact the connector from O2 sensor is gone and yes all wires are intact.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Unfortunately I don't have a picture, and I'm sorry about asking too many question, but if you show us exactly which sensor, you may have more chances to get help.

The problem is that there is not a O2 sensor connector behind the tire.

I have attached an image for both rear O2 sensors, and the front O2 sensors (which are now called air fuel ratio sensor) connector are in the engine compartment.

What is behind the tire is the ABS sensors.
Attached Thumbnails
05 Oxygen Sensor Wiring-figure5-gif  
Old 09-27-2009, 11:20 AM
ARfronty

would be the one on top left in the picture. I took a couple of pictures but can't figure out how to post them :( The plug coming out of the harness is intact. However, the plug FROM the O2 sensor is gone but the wires including ends are intact. I think I can plug them back into the harness but don't know which color goes where.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:25 AM
ARfronty

Oh, and the colors coming from O2 sensor are:
1 black
1 gray
2 white (no other markings
Old 10-03-2009, 12:00 PM
Tech Enthusiast
2002 Frontier

You have a heated O2 sensor (I believe).

On a warmed-up motor, before you start it up again, the PCM checks coolant temps, and if warm, it will or will not heat up the O2 to get a proper reading for the air fuel mix, depending on how it's wired. I'd need to see a wiring diagram.

Post-cat O2's need to be heated because they are so far from the engine, and heat up very slowly, and it would affect proper air-fuel mix.
Old 10-03-2009, 05:54 PM
MUSALEM

hi i have a 2004 nissan armada 5.6 lt with a code p1268 whats that?
Old 11-09-2009, 07:46 PM
nissan4yall

AR, sure you've corrected your prob by now.....but just in case, the black wire is your signal wire to your rear o2 sensor, the grey is a ground, and both of the white are your heaters. hope this helped.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:26 PM
2004 Frontier King Cab

The connection to one of the heated oxygen sensors crumbled and I don't know what connects where. The colors are yellow, org, red/blk, and org/blk.
Old 04-30-2020, 08:58 AM
2006 Titan Crew Cab

Default wiring diagram o2

i need wirirng diagram for o2 sensors nissan titan
Old 05-03-2020, 09:12 AM
Master Enthusiast
2006 Pathfinder
2003 Frontier King Cab
2003 Frontier KC SVE 4x4

NICO Club's website has free, online, Nissan factory service manuals. The wiring diagram would be in the Engine Control section.
Old 05-03-2020, 06:27 PM
2006 Titan Crew Cab

THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!
I found what i need. I am not a technician so I`m still confused how to wire the o2 sensor. The plug form Bank 1 sensor 2 got ripped off so i bought a bosch universal link oxygen sensor with 2 white, gray, and black wires. So i connected them to the reminding wires. then i got the error code PO138; I think i SCREW UP. Will you help me with it please? My reminding wires are: red,gray,red/blk,blk. My Bosch sensors are: white,white,gray, and black.

Tags
oxygen, sensor, wiring