Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
99 Frontier 4cyl P0400 Antiknock code Forums > > 99 Frontier 4cyl P0400 Antiknock code 99 Frontier 4cyl P0400 Antiknock code
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 11-20-2006, 06:04 PM
zestey

Red face 99 Frontier 4cyl Antiknock code

Truck has 233000 km now, check engine light has been on for some time with various codes. Last winter the light went out and stayed out until the temp. went above ~0 deg. C. The light stays on in warm weather and now the code description is antiknock sensor. Performance is good with improved gas mileage in the last 5 months(I have also placed a 470 Ohm resistor in place of the intake manifold sensor from previous advice). Slight pinging when in O/D climbing hills until kicks to D. The temperature dropped below zero C briefly a few weeks ago and the light went out but is back on but Temp. is presently around zero C and above.

Could excessive wear on the timing chain be the problem or is it likely to be another problem?
Any advice would be appreciated!

Last edited by zestey; 11-21-2006 at 04:29 PM. Reason: Error with code number not 400
Old 11-20-2006, 06:49 PM
Super Moderator
2004 Xterra

Hello

There is a bulletin for the P0400 code:
1998-2000 NISSAN FRONTIER & XTERRA WITH KA24 ENGINE; MIL WITH DTC P0400, P0402, ROUGH IDLE, DRIVABILITY INCIDENTS, DIFFICULTY SETTING EGR SRT
Old 11-21-2006, 04:35 PM
zestey

Red face Fault code not 400, Antiknock code 325

[B]My Apologies, the thread heading says the code is a 400, The actual code is 325. This code comes and goes (light on and off).
When the temperature outside drops to around 32 degrees F the light will go off and stay off until the temperature rises above the 32 mark.
P.S. I have previously had the 400 code and cleaned the ports, the code has gone away now have the antiknock.What could cause this scenario. I have been unable to find the source of the problem. I now have 222000 km on the truck. Would the timing chain cause this issue. I have been told that 240000 km is the wear out for chain.

In the last six months my Gas mileage has increased from ~25 mpg to 30 mpg.
I like the last part but I am scheduled for an emissions test this month and I need the light to be out for the test as they will scan the codes and fail.
Tech please advise with solution. I am losing my faith in Nissan with this truck!

Last edited by zestey; 11-23-2006 at 05:19 PM. Reason: add correct code#

Tags
4cyl, antiknock, code, frontier, p0400