Login  |  Register
Nissanhelp.com - All About Nissan
Do-It-Yourself Maintenance Owners Manuals Recalls/Campaigns Service Bulletins Service Manuals Nissan OBDII Codes Glossary & Acronyms More...
Member's Ride Photos Stock Photo Gallery
Classifieds - For Sale Classifieds - Wanted To Buy Classifieds - Mechanic Wanted Classifieds - Auto Services Search Auto Parts
Register FAQ Social Groups Mark Forums Read
Coolant in trans oil for the Nissan tech Forums > > Coolant in trans oil for the Nissan tech Coolant in trans oil for the Nissan tech
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Frontier Nissan Frontier/HB/Truck Discussion Forum

Old 07-16-2009, 06:00 PM
Master Enthusiast
1997 Altima
1995 Sentra
1995 Nissan sentra

Default Coolant in trans oil for the Nissan tech

Hey techs:
After having a few of the rad coolers crack and allow oil enter the transmission. Most of which are the 2005 model out of basic warranty. Have you seen this and if so have your dealership covered them under warranty. I am in Canda, I am not sure the policies in the states. Your input is appreciated.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:02 PM
2015 Rogue

If it is still under powertrain warranty we do cover them. We have seen about 4 of them all 2005 models.
ASE Master Certified.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:15 PM
Master Enthusiast
1997 Altima
1995 Sentra
1995 Nissan sentra

Is this in canada. What are you claiming as the main failure?
Old 07-17-2009, 02:34 AM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by streamcast View Post
Is this in canada. What are you claiming as the main failure?
This is in the U.S.
We use the trans. as the failed part.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:42 PM
dnvrnismo

Has this problem been fixed on the newer models or does anyone know? Also if it has been fixed what model years should not have this problem?
Old 05-26-2010, 04:58 PM
2015 Rogue

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrnismo View Post
Has this problem been fixed on the newer models or does anyone know? Also if it has been fixed what model years should not have this problem?
I have seen this up to 2007 model year.

Also Nissan has suddenly started refusing to cover them under the powertrain warranty. They claim that the radiator caused the failure and that is a 3 year 36,000 mile warrantied item.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:10 PM
dnvrnismo

I just love the way Nissan stands behind there great products.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:32 PM
Master Enthusiast
1997 Altima
1995 Sentra
1995 Nissan sentra

Actually I do beleive there is a separate claim to be made that covers the rad. But flushing the trans 3 times and see if there are any problems with the trans. If so replacement is required. If you have powertrain warranty left the trans is covered anyways.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:05 AM
tourglide

Default 2005 Nismo

Just got my truck back from the mechanic, had to put an engine in, which by the way was very hard to find. Got one with 25000 miles for $2150, shipped to N.H. from Texas from the good folks at Got Engines. We suspect the engine failure was due to the oil pump failing which seized it. We previously had a problem with the reaf diff, and knew we had to replace the rear end, but lack of money was an issue. My mechanic informed me that he found coolent in the tranny as well as tran fluid in the radiator, he flushed both. Now after having it back for one day the tranny is banging fairly loudly, and I'm looking at replacing that, but don't have the dough right now after buying an engine and paying the labor. Any ideas on how I can nurse this tranny along for a little while?
Old 12-11-2010, 12:59 PM
Mattathesis

I am a big fan of Nissans. Have been for quite sometime. Although I do like their vehicles, Nissan, corporate Nissan that is stink. I realize that it is very difficult to stay alive in the auto industry today. But somewhere along the way Nissan lost sight of the customer and instead see only what they can squeeze from the almighty dollar. Without their customers they are nothing. their stockholders need to take a seat in the back of the car. Unfortuneately, greed has replaced quality. It seems to be the way the world is heading.
Old 12-12-2010, 01:43 AM
tourglide

Default I like Nissan's too, just dissapointed

We had a Pathfinder, i think it was a 2001, loved it, traded it in for the Nismo, which was really great before the high mileage and these problems. I've googled problems with this truck and the coolant in the tranny thing seems to be quite a problem with the 2005's, but Nissan wont do anything about it. My son's Altima has also had it's share of problems since he's racked on the miles, he's on his third altenator and there's still some charging problem that has yet to be resolved. The tranny was replaced, under warranty, thank God, and I know he's done the breaks at least 5 times. I'm wondering if 2005 is a bad year for Nissan's. I question if I'll take a chance on buying another Nissan at this point.
Old 01-04-2011, 06:19 AM
southernoutcast

got a 2006 Frontier and just got a letter in the mail yesterday about this same issue and they extened my warrenty to cover this issue. So far, knock on wood I have not had any issues.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:17 AM
Master Enthusiast
2005 Frontier Crew Cab Frontier Crew Cab
05 nissan frontier

Just keep a close look at the fluid and at any signs of an even slight shifting problem. After hearing so many people making comments about this i just coughed up the bucks and replaced the darn thing. It's easy to do but now i often wonder if the old one would have gone bad or not.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:38 PM
Enthusiast
2010 Frontier Crew Cab
2007 Pathfinder

Default send Nissan a bill

I too received the letter and it says if you had it replaced they will consider reimbursement.

Clint
Old 01-09-2011, 06:17 AM
dnvrnismo

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernoutcast View Post
got a 2006 Frontier and just got a letter in the mail yesterday about this same issue and they extened my warrenty to cover this issue. So far, knock on wood I have not had any issues.
How long did they extend your warranty by?

Tags
coolant, nissan, oil, tech, trans